Senior Front-End Developer
The primary project of Heliax is the Anoma
protocol. Anoma is a sovereign, proof-of-stake blockchain protocol that enables private, asset-agnostic cash and private bartering amongst any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including cryptographic libraries such as the MASP
and tools for high assurance validity predicates and arbitrary zero-knowledge circuits (Juvix
Heliax is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary members located around the world. All of our work is open-source. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
- Architecture & building front-ends from scratch from design prototypes, wireframes and specifications.
- Work very closely with the designer(s) on clarifying and providing bi-directional feedback on the designed wireframes, prototypes, and graphic assets.
- Cross web ecosystem integrations, e.g. front-ends across applications, such as browser extension applications with web applications securely.
- Lower level integrations of the applications with e.g. HSMs (e.g. with the Ledger APIs).
- Organize project code bases & development processes in a scalable (allowing multiple people to simultaneously work on it), easy to test, perform quality assurances, & ready to integrate user feedback.
- Work closely with the Comms & Product team, a team composed by designers, developers, and content writers on building, improving, and maintaining the existing & upcoming organization and project websites.
- Developer-friendly documentation writing for both internal use and external use, as the projects and its libraries are/will be open-source.
Here are some of the projects that the team is working on:
- Anoma Extension:
- Description: A browser extension that works as the 1st step for all users. It is a Key Management System (KMS) that enables users to generate a master seed phrase and auto derive accounts on Anoma, later to access, manage the keys to e.g. sign transactions or use the viewing key.
- Sample of key features:
- Support for file-based keys
- Support for Ledger hardware wallet connectivity (keys are generated on the Ledger HSM)
- Generation of master seed phrase
- Auto derivation of keys for transparent and shielded accounts
- Anoma Wallet:
- Description: Anoma's browser based multi-asset wallet that allows users to send and receive transparent and shielded transfers.
- Sample of key features:
- List all assets (any digital asset) on Anoma, which include NFTs.
- Able to send/receive shielded and transparent transactions
- Transactions can optionally be offsetting carbon
- Display transaction history
- Organization Website:
- Project websites:
- You LOVE front-ends and have a passion for delivering delectable user experiences to a world-wide user base.
- You feel aligned with Anoma’s vision and goals in bringing financial privacy and self-sovereignty to everyone in the world.
- You have a bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Ability to build applications that are performant and provide great user experiences across browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari) and devices (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile).
- Ability to build secure integrations across web applications (e.g. browser extension <> web app), and across devices (e.g. HSM <> Device <> Web).
- Ability to build web applications from scratch until production-readiness.
- Knowledge or interested in learning about Rust and WebAssembly.
- You’re an avid follower of the latest trends in the web development ecosystem and you’re excited about learning new technologies and contributing to them.
- Self-organized and autonomous, expect minimal management in a flexible and remote work environment.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- Ability to do codebase walkthroughs, explain verbally your work in detail, and showing off your work via presentations and/or demos.
- Worked on applications and end-user interfaces in the blockchain industry.
- Have used applications or products of the blockchain industry before.
- Interest and ability to learn and understand the codebases and the high level design of the Anoma blockchain protocol (Rust), understanding how zero-knowledge proof schemes and other cryptographic libraries (Rust), the SDK – or any other libraries or dependencies that will be integrated with the front-ends.
- Experience with lower-level programming languages, e.g. C, C++, Rust (even better if you have any projects written with it), functional programming languages, e.g. Haskell or OCaml.
- Organized and/or participated in developer meetups or conferences and enjoys being involved with open-source communities.
- Fluency in other languages.
Preferred if residing within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones. Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking. Often we find that products are best designed not in a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔.