Hello Amigo is looking for a talented web developer to join our team!
Here's a little information about us. We are an agency that specializes in custom website development. We do some custom web application development and mobile application development too. We love Ruby on Rails and built our own Rails-based content management system that empowers our clients to easily update content on their websites. We work with non-profits, hospitals, law firms, event venues, architects, and other fun small businesses. In 2021, we closed our physical office in El Paso, TX and became a 100% remote company.
Because we use Ruby on Rails on a daily basis, the person we are seeking for this role needs to have some Rails experience. You do NOT need to be a Rails expert, but you should be familiar with how Rails code is structured, how Rails routing works, how the Rails asset pipeline works, and how Rails models, controllers, and views interact with each other.
Your main responsibilities will include:
1. Programming client-requested changes on existing websites using HTML, CSS, and JS.
2. Building out new website projects, including integrating front-end template code (programmed by our front-end developers) with our custom CMS.
3. Updating modules within our custom CMS with new functionality, and programming new CMS modules.
4. Upgrading projects running on older versions of Ruby on Rails to newer versions of Ruby on Rails.
5. Being a part of meetings with existing clients and new clients to scope out website functionality requests.
You will primarily be working with our co-founder and web developer (Brandon) on a variety of website projects. When we say variety, we do mean variety; you will not get bored working on the same project! You will also be working with our creative team of designers, our witty content marketing specialist, and our ultra-friendly account executive. We are a full-time team of 6 right now, and you'll be number 7!
Since we are a remote company, you can live anywhere in the United States and still be a part of our team. If you hate working 40 hours a week, we have good news for you; our standard work week is 38 hours long, including working half a day each Friday. Our goal is to do good work during working hours, and then enjoy life outside of working hours. We also give you paid time off, cover part of your health insurance, and offer very affordable options for dental and vision insurance.
If this sounds like the role for you, let us know by sending a resume and short cover letter to [email protected]
No phone calls, please. If there's interest on our end, we'll reply to schedule an interview.