If software is eating the world, then what happens when it eats venture capital, too?
Join us as we find out! At 645 Ventures, we’re a software-powered VC fund. We often find great companies before other investors by using proprietary software that we call Voyager, which acts as the operating system for our firm. Voyager supports everything from sourcing deals, conducting due diligence, helping companies as they grow, monitoring portfolio construction, collaborating with other firms and measuring our team’s performance. We’re six years old and growing fast with support from leading LPs including Princeton University, The Mellon Foundation and Spelman College, and over 40 companies in our portfolio.
We’re looking for a talented full stack engineer, working remotely from anywhere in the world, to join our team and help us grow Voyager into the future. As an engineer, you’ll be working on a powerful and beloved piece of software—one that’s arguably the gold standard in VC. As a teammate, you’ll be encouraged to participate in every aspect of the firm: you’ll support our investment team as they source deals and conduct due diligence, you’ll attend partner and deal meetings, you’ll support our firm’s fundraising and investor relations, you’ll explore ways to deliver value to the portfolio, you’ll help win deals, and you’ll actively participate in the larger startup community, where you’ll expand your personal network.
We work best with people who are collaborative, versatile, curious, hard-working and always ready to pitch in.
We’re deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion—and our team and community reflect that commitment. We’re proud to lead by example in the venture capital community while nonetheless striving to do better ourselves.
We offer competitive salaries, similar to what you might earn at a startup, as well as financial participation in the firm’s carried interest (similar to having equity in a startup).
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will:
- Shape the product direction of our 645 Voyager platform, as well as our Founder Tools and LP Platform. Our software is used every day by our internal team and by the firm’s larger community—so much so that Alexa ranks 645voyager.com near the top 10k websites in the US!
- Identify new data sources to add to Voyager and leverage those sources to find and evaluate great companies.
- Contribute to open source projects, hack on new products, present at conferences, etc. We want you to grow as a developer while also giving back to the community.
- Support our investment team in sourcing and evaluating deals, especially in industries where you have expertise. This might include open source software, software infrastructure and developer tools.
You might be a fit for this role if you:
- Have 3+ years of full-stack experience shipping high-quality software.
- Have significant experience with React and some experience with Rails or similar frameworks, such that you can learn Rails quickly on the job if it’s new to you.
- Approach problems quantitatively and systematically, using a combination of data and user feedback to drive your decisions and recommendations.
- Enjoy wrangling large and complex datasets and presenting the data in a clear and unified way.
- Closely follow emerging trends in technology, so that you can evaluate these trends and identify the best companies within them.