We’re looking for experienced Java / Backend Engineers to join our team at Payoneer Merchant Services.
We’re a distributed team, hiring people to work from home - though we have a rather nice office in Munich where we hope to have occasional meetups soon!
We’re currently in the process of building out our distributed hiring operations, so we don’t have a definitive list of all countries we can hire in yet, but we’re looking across the range of UTC-5 to +5, and have current team members in Russia, India, USA, Albania, UK, Germany and more!
Who we are
Payoneer Merchant Services is Payoneer's Payment Orchestration Provider (POP) offering an open and provider-independent payment platform to help businesses integrate multiple payment gateways, providers, and methods on a global scale. Our platform guarantees online businesses more freedom of choice and reduced complexity in their payment transactions. We provide intelligent payment solutions and tools to enable cross-provider controlling and scoring, and to help customers reduce their operating costs.
With over 100 employees from 32 countries, our team is truly international in every sense of the word. With an experienced team of motivated online payment professionals, we bundle unique and profound know-how with respect to online payments and e-commerce.
What we have
Within Engineering, we provide a range of software services, internally- and externally-facing, with React frontends built on top of RESTful APIs provided by Java services, mostly built with Spring Boot.
We have a hybrid colocated/distributed group of software engineers, working closely with the product team. Within that, we have a variety of cross-functional teams, each of which owns and maintains a variety of services and apps.
We talk via Slack and Zoom, our code lives in GitHub, our tasks in Jira and our internal documentation in Confluence.
What we require from you
- Good command of spoken and written English, our chosen language of communication
- Experience building Java software services for the web
- Focus on strong engineering practices and building quality software
- Familiarity with agile, iterative design processes
- Good communication skills
Things you’ll do
- Work with our Product team and other back-end and front-end developers to design, implement and maintain software services for our diverse group of stakeholders
- Work independently and with high autonomy within our teams
- Learn new things and help us learn new things too
What we would like to see
These aren’t requirements, just things we think would be particularly valuable. If anything or everything here doesn’t apply to you, please don’t let that put you off applying:
- Experience with frontend web technology like React, because having the breadth of knowledge can help with collaboration
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, because that’s where we deploy to
- Experience with Docker/OCI and/or containers in general
- Experience with DevOps culture and practices, breaking down silos and increasing collaboration
- Experience working in internationally distributed teams
If you’d like to apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter! Any questions, just get in touch.
Please do include a cover letter - just a few short sentences on how you see us working together.