Model: DIRECT HIRE or 1099 Contractor NOT C2C
Location: US based only.
We're growing rapidly and looking for Software Engineers, like you, that care about building great products that solve big problems.
Our engineers work on products that make a difference in the world! From petty financial crimes up through major extortion & election hijacking events, many social engineering attacks start with phishing emails. We also build state of the art tools for IT and security operations centers, helping them identify & kill phishing attacks for large enterprises and organizations.
Cofense offers businesses an innovative approach to stopping phishing attacks. And while our team members do deliver best-in-class software and automation, they also know that the smartest machines can’t do the stuff humans are wired for—like flagging an email that appears flawless but uses the wrong nickname for the person receiving the email. It’s the power of collective human intelligence, which Cofense applies to work life, too, with flexible career opportunities for all levels of interests and experience. And, to top it all off, there are events like hackathons, virtual potlucks, wellness events, happy hours, and more.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering, the Software Engineer III is responsible for being an effective member of the team developing and maintaining Triage, mentoring less experienced engineers, and being mentored by those more experienced
- Implement new features using code that emphasizes clarity, robustness, and maintainability
- Maintain, support, and improve existing features
- Actively learn and teach through pair programming and code reviews
- Contribute to team planning efforts assessing technical feasibility of product changes
- Act as Level 3 support for advanced troubleshooting activities
- Develop support documentation for Cofense’s Customer support staff
- Rotating on-call duties with other team members
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- RSpec, MiniTest, Cucumber, or similar
- git or similar VCS
- Relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres) independent of ORMs
- Full stack development from backend systems to user interfaces as necessary
- Linux command line
- Ability to engage directly with customers in a professional and courteous manner
- AWS (Certified Solutions Architect preferred, any level)
- Development inside Docker containers preferred
- Strong network communication troubleshooting ability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with Computer Incident Response/Forensics a plus
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least four years professional experience developing a Ruby on Rails application
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.