SweetRush has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Ruby on Rails Full Stack Developer to join our IT team and help us build functional software and web-based applications!
Please Note: This position is for a three-month contract. Although, for the right candidate this opportunity might be extended or hired. Ideally, the candidate would work in the Pacific Time Zone. Otherwise, there should be at least 4 hours of overlap with Pacific Time Zone, between the hours of 8-5.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
A Senior Ruby on Rails Full Stack Developer would be expected to help create backend solutions, creating gems, writing efficient, secure, test-driven code, and helping to create the front end. This position will also require working with a large existing code base, debugging, improving, and securing the code base. All while using TDD methodologies to help write robust and rock-solid code.
Ultimately, you will contribute in all phases of the software development life cycle, from design to deployment.
- Write effective and scalable test-driven code in Ruby and the Rails framework
- Build back-end components for web applications
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness, and security
- Review and debug junior developers’ code
- Build, install and share gems and plugins
- Create automated test scripts
- Write solid Test-Driven code.
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure and timezones
- 6-10 years of experience coding
- Proven work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- VueJS knowledge a plus
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient test-driven code
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Excellent ability to prioritize
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
IF THE ABOVE DESCRIBES YOUR INTERESTS AND EXPERIENCE, PLEASE SUBMIT A CURRENT RESUME AND YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS. WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!
Please note: We're all about remote work and have collaborators based all around the world; however, SweetRush is a US-based company, and English is our primary language. If you'd like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume in English.
PS: A bit about SweetRush—This year we will celebrate our 20th-anniversary developing performance improvement / training solutions. We have a significant list of high-profile clients such as Google, CVS, Hilton, Bridgestone, Mondelez, Cisco, — and we are very good at keeping our clients happy and working with us year after year. We are a powerhouse of blended learning solutions and extremely adept at crafting highly engaging, graphically rich, blended learning experiences, including gamification and mobile learning. We’ve developed a powerful authoring system that allows us to go well beyond what most vendors or off-the-shelf tools can offer and deliver, but we are also masters of the industry-standard tools and utilize them regularly. We are very focused on project management and keeping large and complex projects moving smoothly. We have a fantastic team and culture and a ‘near-zero’ turnover. We are that unique kind of company where everyone feels respected acknowledged and treated fairly. In 2009, we went virtual and our team is geographically distributed, but very tightly connected.
We have managed, largely via referrals and marketing, to attract a great group of clients, and we anticipate quite a bit of continued growth into 2021.