[Permanent][Europe, REMOTE][Lead Full-Stack Developer]
[5-10% bonus, profit share DOE, pension, flexible holidays, Health Insurance, Flexible Hours]
Mawla is a full service digital agency, happiest when designing and developing award-winning digital products, apps and experiences. We help clients solve technical and design problems to improve their businesses and get closer to their customers. Many of our clients are excellent at their core competencies but need our help to translate their business processes into technical and design solutions, focusing on their strengths and outsource their weaknesses.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- Competitive salary
- A passionate, hard working and dedicated team
- Professional development allowance
- Diverse portfolio of work
- Latest macbook pro or preferred machine
- Remote working workspace setup budget
We’ve seen a huge amount of success over the last couple of years, especially over the last year which proved to be one of the hardest for many companies. We’ve delivered projects across multiple sectors, company sizes and platforms, some of our big names include: BurgerKing, Glenveagh, Kingspan.
We’ve received awards for our work from Awwwards, The FWA, Clutch and received some great media coverage when we hacker the PokemonGo app!
We’ve worked across mobile apps, websites and webapps and full-stack platforms.
How We Work
A typical day in the life of our agency has two distinct flows:
- Strategy, goals and new business
- Business as usual.
It is important in any agency to maintain a balance between delivering existing work, and strategizing to ensuring future work. Our strategies and goals drive our business, without a plan we’d be constantly reacting, being driven by the market and our clients. We begin our week by setting goals and reviewing our previous goals, these wrap up into monthly, quarterly and yearly reviews.
New business& Strategy focuses on meeting existing and prospective clients, understanding their requirements and translating these requirements into specifications and solutions, taking our in-house, and vendor partner capabilities into account.
Business as usual focuses on the day to day, which involves ensuring existing business is being delivered to a high standard, on time and any complexities or issues are being resolved. As with many digital agencies much of our day to day work includes fairly straight forward brochure style websites and apps. Our more challenging projects revolve around our strategic partners, these are the 6+ month design and development projects which require more complex solutions and team structures.
About the Role
Our engineering department is responsible for delivering Mawla’s core strength - incredible digital products. We work at the cutting edge of software, challenging the standard approaches, winning our business based on our forward thinking approaches. We aim to provide the best solution and experience to both the end users and the clients themselves.
Mawla is looking for a Lead Full-Stack Developer as we grow our engineering team and overall business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background having spent a significant portion of their career as a developer. This is primarily a development and team management role.
To be successful in this position you should have exceptional leadership, communication, project management and engineering skills, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others. Knowing when to resolve an issue yourself or to delegate. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in engineering trends, and above-average emotional intelligence.
We are willing to consider people ready to make the move into management. This will ideally grow organically to a management position. Optionally the candidate may already have management experience in a software delivery or agency environment.
As a key member of engineering you will be responsible for:
- Architecting and delivering solutions to meet customer needs, working alongside operations to assemble self contained project teams to bring an idea from discovery to deployment.
- Creating a product focused culture of engineering excellence
- Growing and managing a team of highly motivated engineers
- Managing our panel of design & engineering outsourcing vendors
You must have an exceptional eye for detail and should be comfortable in managing multiple, cross functional project teams simultaneously to ensure on time delivery of projects to the highest possible standard.
- Architecting solutions
- Managing Mawla’s technical team
- Strategy, technical direction - reuse of code, standardisation process, pipelines etc
- Hiring, Reviews, Quality
- Managing Mawla’s technical deliveries
- Working with operations to assemble a project team
- Supporting sales in the pitch and tendering process
- Gathering technical and non-technical requirements from clients in order to architect a solution.
- Investigating and incorporating industry leading technologies and processes into projects to help us use the best tool for the job.
- Working with the project team to identify project constraints; technology, budget, resources and timeline.
- Smoothly handing requirements off to the development teams
- Ensuring the software development process follows the established technical direction.
- Supporting the project manager throughout the project by communicating technical issues with clients.
- Accountable for project quality, scope, timeline and budget.
- Fostering a collaborative, autonomous culture across teams.
- Interviewing developers as we grow our team.
Your Must-Have Skills & Experience
- 5+ years development experience
- Client facing experience
- Be just as good at working with people as technology.
- Software Architecture experience
An interest or experience in any of the following:
- 2+ years experience in leading a team
- Frameworks or libraries such as React or NextJs
- Some mobile app experience - Flutter, Android, iOS
- DevOps experience (AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud etc).
- A history of working in start-ups or other fast-paced environments handling multiple priorities
- Digital product agency or consultancy
- Experience managing multiple projects and teams at once