PLEASE NOTE: This is a REMOTE position however candidates MUST live in either Canada or the U.S.
This role is for a 1-year full-time contract with the possibility to convert to a permanent position after the first year.
This is a REMOTE role, however preference may be given to candidates who live in Toronto or Boston (for the occasional meet-up or white-boarding session). Candidates must live in either Canada or the U.S. and must be able to travel to Boston & Toronto from time to time for company gatherings.
In this role, you’ll be developing internal and external business applications that support our international organization, ranging from mission-critical management systems, to consumer facing web applications. You’ll be expanding the capabilities of existing systems and also helping to design, build and deploy new products and services from the ground up.
And did we mention that we love React? We also love Node.js, MongoDB, GraphQL and Linux. We hope you do too.
This role supports our teams in New York, Chicago, Toronto and our headquarters in Boston. Our culture is relaxed and collaborative—all ideas get a voice here. The dev team is a very small part of the overall company (as in, you’d be dev person #2), which means your contributions will be seen and appreciated by the entire organization. But don’t be fooled by our smaller size—our products compete against the biggest players in the space and our clients include hundreds of the biggest brands on the planet.
Who would be a perfect fit?
First off, these are MUST HAVE technical skills:
- Significant experience with MongoDB (and Mongoose), including complex aggregations
- Deep knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience building responsive/adaptive sites and apps.
- A solid understanding of async programming (promises, async/await)
- A basic working knowledge of other related disciplines, including UX, IxD, infrastructure administration, etc.
- Comfortable with version control, specifically Git
- Comfortable on a Linux/Mac command-line
- Proven experience working in a remote dev role
Bonus points for real-world experience with the following:
- Charting/graphing libraries, SVG, canvas
- Integrating social media APIs (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Photoshop (we’re not expecting you to be a designer but the ability to generate web assets from a PSD would be helpful)
- Linux administration, AWS or other cloud services
Beyond tech skills, the following should describe you quite well:
- You can take direction and execute without too much hand-holding.
- You take immense pride in your work. You do your best, even if no one is looking and you know that even the little details matter.
- You’re an innovation powerhouse that cannot stop thinking about the next great idea or how to improve existing things.
- You’re a life-long learner. One of your great frustrations in life is that there isn’t enough time to learn “all the things”.
The salary range for this role is $80k-$110k (plus benefits and vacation) based on overall fit and experience.
Simply submit your resume to [email protected] Please be sure to include a cover letter that includes working links to sites/apps that you’ve worked on, explaining your level of involvement on each.