We are looking for exceptional and ambitious developers who enjoy working on all aspects of web development. One day you may be designing a REST API, the next might be building a real time chat application in React, and yet another might be helping design an event driven workflow for a new search service. You should also be pragmatic and realistic in your approach, and understand that dealing with legacy code and data is also part of the job.
You will be keen to learn and leverage new technologies best suited to the task at hand. Our stack is broad and wide ranging: https://stackshare.io/much-better-adventures/much-better-adventure.
You will be joining a small, cross-functional product team and be expected to dig in to all facets of the products' development.
Your skills and experiences;
- High level of experience in Django or another Python based framework.
- High level of experience in data storage technologies like PostgreSQL and Elastic search.
- High level of experience in container technologies Docker, AWS, and Heroku.
- High level of Experience using ReactJS / Redux or similar frontend frameworks.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Cypress or Selenium
- Any additional skills you can bring to the table are always welcome.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently - accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity
Your personal motivation;
We’re looking for people driven by 3 things;
- The ambition to build an industry-defining brand
- A passion for the outdoors and travel
- A desire to solve social and environmental problems through innovative business thinking
- Competitive salary with monthly sales related bonus.
- An employee share option scheme.
- An entrepreneurial environment where great ideas are actively encouraged, and taking responsibility for them is expected
- Flexible working arrangements - work where/when you want: Our main HQ is central London and we are about to open a base in Bristol. Ideally, you should be able to work in the Bristol and/or London office for part of each week. However a flexible mix of office-based and remote working is a big part of the culture here. Being available for monthly meetups is key.
- 25 days paid holiday a year, plus 5 extra days to experience a Much Better Adventure or two each year.
- Quarterly company meet-ups in a variety of inspiring and adventurous settings
- Budget and time for continued learning and self development, including courses, monthly audible/books budget, and access to training, classes and talks from Europe's leading entrepreneurs and mentors
- Budget for home-working set up if you will be working mostly remote
- Your choice of laptop and OS
- Pension scheme (UK-based employees)
- The warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you are making a huge difference to small independent business, local economies and communities.
We'll do short video calls to get to know each other a bit better, and in-person or longer video interviews with the top candidates after that. There will be a short take home assignment to assess your skills in a real world setting, with a real world problem related to our market.