As a remote Manager of our Technical Team at Tutuka, you’ll be working closely with the entire Product Development team to build enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing systems that power tens of millions of transactions and tie them to the web, mobile and API interfaces that make it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards all over the world.
In this role, you will:
- Lead & manage one of our Developer teams.
- Drive end-to-end system engineering for cross-functional programs.
- Collaborate with all of Tutuka to translate innovative product requirements to engineering specs.
You will be expected to organise and direct your technical team, grow the talent and capacity of individuals, ensure knowledge sharing within and outside of your team to foster a collaborative environment based on mutual development.
These positions are in South-East Asia, Latin America, and (Eastern) Europe and require ambitious managers with strong technical and interpersonal skills.
What you get to do:
Solution Development & Delivery
You will provide direction for the development, design, and systems integration from the definition phase through implementation. You are applying knowledge of tech developments to improve service to our clients. You will review the development team’s work and recognise system deficiencies and find teachable moments easily.
Technical Effort Management
You will create and execute development plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing client/product needs and requirements; serve as a liaison between development team members and other technical leads. Ensuring that the technical team is contributing to Tutuka’s code library. Owning the development lifecycle and managing technical risks, communicating, and enforcing coding standards and mentoring developers. Consistently delivering high-quality service to our clients.
What it takes to succeed:
- Possess outstanding leadership skills and have managed more than 15 developers at once (at least 3 years of management experience).
- Delegate responsibilities effectively and love to challenge your peers and reports to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Combines analytical and problem-solving skills – have a track record of taking ownership of a complex problem and ensuring resolution to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Managed conflicting priorities to tighten the scope, increase process visibility, and gain stakeholders buy-in.
- Coached the team and managed external expectations for continuous improvement and building reliability into the product.
- Demonstrate real-world examples of key strategic improvements you have made that resulted in a significant decrease of operating expenses.
- You have managed a notable production outage and used the experience to create a systemic improvement.
- Created or improved on-call incident response and management process reducing the toil and improving service observability.
Let’s also not forget languages (not the programming kind); English is our company language, so it’s important that you be able to communicate at a fluent level.
This is a contractor role open and flexible hours are a must for our remote team. You’ll need to be able to occasionally shift your work hours to collaborate with a senior leadership team that keeps their schedule aligned with Johannesburg, South Africa (GMT+2).
What you can look forward to:
At Tutuka we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. As values are important to us, you can look forward to working alongside fellow Tutukans, who share these values. You’ll be part of a team that is passionate about making a difference on a global scale.
We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences & identities.