We’re looking for an experienced and talented Senior Rails developer to join our team. This role will focus on building features and functionality to help the millions of independent business that use our platform. As a small team we often wear multiple hats and you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate during early phases of our process, helping shape the work of the team and influencing outcomes for users.
- Work collaboratively with a cross functional team to build and deploy new platform features.
- Write well structured code and accompanying automated tests to meet business objectives.
- Contribute to internal tooling to improve developer experience.
- “Tend the garden” by proactively fixing bugs and performance problems before users report them.
- Help debug and resolve occasional production issues.
- Write internal and external facing documentation.
- Attend and participate in in-person events ~2 times/year.
Well qualified candidates will be very comfortable jumping in and contributing at a high level from day 1. You don’t have to have years of experience with every item on this list but should have deep experience with at least a few pieces (ie really strong Rails & Docker or super accomplished frontend) and be eager to level up with others.
- Rails, Rspec
- GraphQL (as well as various past iterations of Rest APIs)
- Docker, Kubernetes
Culture, Benefits, and Perks
At Big Cartel, we understand work is just one part of your life. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- A team that genuinely cares about you as an individual beyond your role at work.
- Competitive salaries.
- Standard benefits like matching 401(k), and comprehensive insurance plans (medical, dental, vision, life).
- A fully remote workplace (since before it was cool) - work from anywhere in the United States.
- A flexible work schedule and time-off policy.
- Paid parental leave.
We hope you’re excited to participate in our mission to help indie businesses thrive.