Since setting out in 2012, Etch
has worked with dozens of startups and multinational companies to design and engineer software
We establish long-term relationships with clients to help them improve and maintain their online services.
We work closely with large teams to design and build web apps and design systems, including:
- An Angular design system used by a team of 50+ developers, to develop multiple front-end apps, for 6 different brands and millions of end-users.
- A Vue component library, including assistance with integration. We work closely with the internal development team to support the UIs use in multiple apps and countries.
- A suite of apps and widgets used by a UK sustainability charity.
- A suite of apps for a company in the accountancy industry. Over 40,000 users a month depend on this software to achieve their goals.
We're looking for someone with solid skills and experience in building web software. You'll be working on problem-solving products that are used by millions of people.
- You are someone who enjoys the endless endeavour of creating and improving user interfaces.
- You have experience in one or more of these libraries and frameworks: Vue, Angular, or React.
- You build interfaces that look great on any screen size and can be used with keyboard, touch, or mouse input.
- You have knowledge of the latest techniques and technology used to develop SPAs and PWAs.
- You always consider user journeys, states and interactions when building views.
- You care about the fundamentals of the web — accessibility, usability, performance.
- You strive to write robust, maintainable, future-friendly code.
On a daily basis you’ll be:
- Gathering information to understand new requirements.
- Building reusable components.
- Creating interface views and states.
- Testing and refining interactions.
- Communicating progress with clients.
You’ll also spend some time:
- Fixing bugs, updating and maintaining codebases.
- Contributing to proposals for new projects.
- Scoping features and planning sprints.
Canterbury (near London) is our hometown, but we’re a distributed team so you can work from anywhere in the UK and benefit from flexible hours.
Hangout with the team
We arrange quarterly meet-ups to bring everyone together and hang out for a few days.
Relax and unplug
It’s important that we step away from the screen. We work 4-day weeks in the summer, we take an extra week off at Christmas, and everyone is entitled to a paid sabbatical when they decide that they need to unplug.
Learn and improve
Each member of the team gets a “betterment budget” to pay for conference trips and books, or improve their workspace with new furniture and tech.
Send us an email to introduce yourself and explain why you think a role at Etch would suit you.
- Position: Front-end Developer
- Location: UK
- Contract: Full-time, permanent
- Salary: £28,000 to £35,000 (+profit share)
Please only apply if…
- You are a UK resident — as much as we’d like to fish in a bigger talent pool, we can’t hire anyone from outside of the UK due to employment laws.
- You have 2 years of industry experience — we need someone who can get up to speed quickly and is already familiar with the end-to-end process of shipping software.