We're looking for a mid-level or senior engineer to help scale our platform, but more importantly set the standards and practices to scale our team.
Appfigures is an analytics and intelligence platform for app developers. We’re bootstrapped and customer-focused, and have built the best toolset to help app developers and marketers analyze and grow their app businesses. We’re looking for someone who is excited about the above, for someone who wants to not only code, but to mentor and guide teammates and establish the practices that let us all succeed.
You should have 3+ years professional software engineering experience. We are looking for people who are confident taking a project from being an idea to being in a customer’s hands and want to help other teammates learn how to do likewise.
You are comfortable thinking about low-level performance details. We need to be able to optimize when it matters, though we aim to solve problems in the simplest and most legible way.
You take a disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality assurance. Our platform is used by our members to make critical business decisions. We need to get it right. Every time.
You want to help other teammates grow and learn. We all have something we can teach, and we all have something we can learn.
You like solving problems and puzzles. Getting to that Aha! moment should feel good, and communicating the answer should come easily to you.
You are ready to work on a platform used by ten of thousands every day. The problems we solve we have to solve at scale for companies like Airbnb, Epic Games, Microsoft, Slack, and Trello. While we try not to over-engineer, every feature we launch and every change we make has to keep this in mind.
- A degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Mastery solving problems in C#, Python, or Go. We mainly use these languages, but we trust that you can learn any of them if you have in-depth knowledge of another language.
- Deep experience with any RDMS or other interesting durable storage system. We use MySQL mainly.
- We use kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform extensively. Prior use or a desire to master these is a plus.
- You've scraped or collected data at scale. A big part of our business is collecting and organizing data for our customers from a multitude of external datasources.
What You Might Be Working On
- Planning and integrating a new datasource or API integration that ingests a new dataset that mobile app developers need to run their businesses
- Scaling a critical scraping service
- Diagnosing and fixing performance issues in our API
- Reverse-engineering an app store's communication protocol
- Working with sales, marketing, and others on the product and engineering teams to envision and create new products and features for our users
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Pre-tax transit benefits, subsidized classpass subscription
- Plenty of paid time-off
- Awesome work station with whatever you need to be happy and productive + stipend for your at-home or remote setup.
- Monthly personal project days
What you should know about us
- We are a small, dedicated team and we keep close to our customers. We get our features and fixes into the hands of customers quickly and likewise validate our choices quickly.
- We've been around for 13 years, and are completely self-funded and profitable which allows us to build the products we wish existed.
- We involve the entire team in the future of the company. Everyone's feedback is used to chart the product and company's course.