You’ll lead the continued development of Google’s Best App of 2021, Balance. We're looking for an experienced Android Engineer who is passionate about building great user experiences, pays meticulous attention to details, and believes in building software that helps its users. In our collaborative environment, you’ll work across teams and projects to build amazing products that educate and delight our customers. As a senior member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to guide the direction of our products and our engineering team.
This is a fully remote position anywhere in North or South America.
How You'll Make an Impact Here:
- You’ll be the primary developer responsible for the Balance Android app on a small interdisciplinary engineering team
- You'll ensure an incredible user experience in our products by working closely with our Product, Design, and Content teams
- You'll mentor fellow engineers, helping them grow their skills, and be open to learning from your teammates as you continue to grow your own skills
- You'll introduce new ideas to help the team iterate on process and technology
- You’ll have opportunities to help your teammates in other areas of the codebase (iOS, Backend, Games, DevOps, etc.) while maintaining your Android focus
- You have 5+ years of professional software experience in Android app development
- You have shipped at least one Android app professionally
- You are passionate about user interface and user experience
- You are proficient with Kotlin
- You have experience with all levels of automated testing (unit, integration, end to end)
- You have experience with writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- You communicate clearly and participate in design and code reviews
- You stay up to date with the latest Android development news and technologies
- You have released a personal app on Google Play where you built every part of the app
- Experience with Dagger & RxJava
- Experience with Jetpack libraries
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience building complex animations
- Experience with Github Actions
- Interest in test-driven development and software development best practices
- Experience with C++, Java, Swift, Objective-C, Python, and/or Ruby
- Interest in mental health and meditation
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Distributed team flexibility, with a home-office stipend and co-working reimbursement
- Annual learning, wellness, and travel stipends
- Generous PTO, flexible sick leave, and paid parental leave
How We Hire:
At Elevate Labs, we seek to build high-impact teams with high talent density, and we invest a lot of time and care into the hiring process. Your resume will be reviewed by a human, so we encourage you to keep resumes short (one page should do), double-check for grammar errors, and submit it as a PDF.
During the interview, you can expect conversational-style sessions, some with a technical focus, and coding exercises in Kotlin.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.