We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Software Development team and help us build out data integrations across different applications in the firm's tech stack. We work with Linux, Python, and PostgreSQL to do 90% of our work. The job entails helping with:
- Systems Integration: Work on leveraging a number of different tools and technologies to integrate a diverse field of SaaS applications. You will be involved in discovery, design, and implementation of API integrations between:
- Portfolio Reporting (Addepar)
- General Ledger / Accounting Systems (Sage Intacct)
- Financial Planning (eMoney)
- Special Projects: Work on a diverse set of special projects, ranging from scraping websites for data to data transfer automation.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Three years of work experience as a software developer
- Ability to work independently with a geographically distributed team
- Robust knowledge of Python, Relational Databases, and Linux
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs, from initial discovery, implementation of a proof of concept, to building a final maintainable solution
- Ability to independently configure and manage source control
- Ability to continuously grow and learn new tools/languages as projects require
- Team player who leaves their ego at the door and has a growth mindset, welcoming feedback with the goal of continuous improvement
- Passion and experience in the Financial Services industry a plus
Shared Services Technology is a department within Cerity Partners that focuses on internal tool development at Cerity Partners. We tackle big projects like building data integrations between 14 different systems using Linux and Python hosted on Azure, creating contract processing automation within Salesforce, building custom revenue commission split tracking tools, data warehousing, and more. We are currently 12 people strong, with 3 of those individuals focused on software development.
Why Cerity Partners?
We have a great remote culture in the Shared Services Technology org. All our team members are fully remote, and we believe that people do their best work when they have a positive culture, work-life balance, and the flexibility to take the time off they need to, when they need to. With that flexibility we look for people who thrive in a remote environment and who understand that there is an enhanced level of communication and collaboration required through Teams, Confluence, Asana and other tools that we leverage to stay in touch. We are not async (yet) and do most of our work in the CST time-zone, but we welcome team members who want to help us continue to move in that direction.