SystemOne is searching for a software developer to build & maintain new and existing client
applications built using Python & Node.js targeting Raspberry Pi.
As an Applicant You are Expected to Have:
● At least two years of professional software development experience building, deploying, and maintaining Python applications.
● At least two years of professional software development experience building, deploying, and maintaining Node.js applications.
● Proficiency with HTTP client libraries, TLS & SQLite.
● Some experience working with serial comm devices from a linux platform .
● Ability to work & communicate with the team in English.
● Experience building deb packages for distribution & installation of software on remote linux computers.
● Experience in setting up the infrastructure required to publish over-the-air updates to debian applications.
● Experience using Git for source code control.
● Familiar with debugging tools and methods.
● Design client side applications that are targeted at Raspberry Pi devices.
● Deploy updates and installation packages for applications running on Raspberry Pi devices.
● Troubleshoot installation and runtime issues that are reported from remote locations.
● Optimise HTTPs requests made from Raspberry Pi applications.
● Build data upload workflows that are tolerant to partitions in the network.
● Collect error and crash logs from a fleet of remote devices and monitor overall fleet health.
● Make strategic technical decisions that cater for system flexibility through safe updates and configuration changes.
● Write unit tests that integrate into deployment pipelines.
● Collaborate with an excellent team of engineers to produce high quality, performant & secure information exchange back-ends for healthcare initiatives.
● Document APIs and expected system behaviour.