RStudio is seeking a candidate for a Software Engineer to join the RStudio Package Manager
team. RStudio Package Manager is software to centralize package usage for R and Python, focusing on reproducibility and governance It allows the usage of local packages and other package managers. The team also manages some community tools, such as the RStudio Public Package Manager service
What you will do:
- Drive technical decisions for subsections of the product. Anybody on the team can be working in any area, but we do want you to take ownership of part of the product and be our expert on it over time. Some of these areas could be the public package manager, the UI, or the backend tools that work with other package managers.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the product from grooming through support on a small cross-functional team. The package manager team works together to ensure we iteratively deliver and maintain high-quality software with our customers in mind. You’ll do this with other software engineers, a QA engineer, and a product manager.
- Learn and solve complex problems with customer-centric solutions. RStudio Package Manager is a complex product with many components and related services, and you will have plenty of opportunities to learn about all of them. We strive for simplicity in the customer's view of this complexity, and you will help solve this.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing, testing, shipping, and maintaining software in production, but significantly more experience is helpful.
- Programming experience in a professional environment using a high-level language (Go, Python, Node.js, Java, C#, or similar).
- Experience writing automated tests and testable code (using Go testing, pytest, or similar).
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique, sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open-source software. We are profitable, and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come into one of our offices in Seattle or Boston). We've always been a remote-first company.
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered!)
- 401k matching
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- A profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy.
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.