About Electric Eye
Electric Eye increases sales for ecommerce brands. We create Shopify-powered sales machines from strategic design, development, and marketing decisions. We partnered with the best technology solutions within the Shopify ecosystem to give your store superior service. We only work with direct-to-consumer ecommerce brands using Shopify to power their business. We truly enjoy the challenge and creativity required to help brands grow, and we are really good at it. We are a fully remote agency with a specialized team of passionate ecommerce experts.
About The Role
Electric Eye is looking for a full-time Front-end Shopify Developer. Proficiency in the Shopify ecosystem is required. The vacancy is for a developer who appreciates design and is interested in delivering a superior product for our client. In addition to technical knowledge, they must have the habit and self-demanding attitude to work remotely and efficiently.
Typical tasks include Shopify theme development, general site maintenance, custom feature creation, troubleshooting, and QA; all working alongside the lead developer and project managers.
Location: Fully Remote / Columbus, Ohio (USA only)
Type: Full Time Salaried with Benefits
Experience: 1-3 Years
A day in the life:
- Developing full Shopify website themes, custom features, and/or private apps
- Maintaining client websites and our custom theme system
- Working with Project Managers to account for the completion of all client related tasks
- Strategizing development decisions based on client business requirements
- Executing instructions, self-reviewing deliverables, communicating progress, and meeting deadlines
- Presenting work internally to our team
- Documenting work tailored for the team, clients, and other developers
You’re a great fit if you:
- Have knowledge of Shopify theme development and apps.
- Have knowledge of leveraging JS Libraries (jQuery, Slick, etc.).
- Have knowledge of some type of JS Framework (Vue or React).
- Have knowledge of task automation tools (Gulp, Webpack, etc.)
- Are able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are an eager learner, willing to acquire new skills and apply them
- Are able to follow processes and procedures
- Enjoy finding new opportunities to improve workflows and processes
- Are detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Thrive and self-manage effectively in a remote work environment
- Can understand and untangle technical jargon and learn new technology quickly
- Are not afraid to tell a joke (even if it’s a bad one)
- Have a communication style that’s fun and approachable
- Are able to assert yourself to reaffirm our processes (be kind, but don’t be a pushover!)
You’ll get bonus points if you:
- Have experience working with Figma
- Have previous agency experience
- Have experience in a client-facing role
- Have an interest in design and ecommerce trends
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan w/ Match
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
- Computer Hardware Reimbursement
- 10 paid vacation days
- 10 public holidays + 1 of choice
- No-questions-asked personal days (sick, personal, time-off)
- Flexible working hours
*Please complete the full application to be considered.
*Recruiters and agencies need not apply.