Exygy is a certified B Corporation that partners with social impact organizations to design and build technology that improves lives. We are constantly searching for opportunities to create digital products to radically improve people's access to social services.
Exygy has embraced a work from home philosophy and we are now a remote-first company. This role can be located anywhere in the U.S and may occasionally require traveling to the San Francisco Bay Area for meetings or team building events. Exygy remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular zoom workshops and trainings.
Exygy seeks an enthusiastic, experienced, and creative Full Stack Engineer who is passionate about making a difference in the world with technology. Join our tight-knit and growing team to build a wide variety of high-impact projects with our civic and health sector clients. This is a full-time remote position.
As a senior engineer, you’ll spend most of your time on multiple client project teams, building new web applications, while supporting and expanding existing projects. You’ll work with our cross-functional core team, and our network of remote contributors to define, design, and deliver high-quality web software.
This role does have a front-end emphasis, but you will have the opportunity to make large contributions to back-end services. Most of our new projects are built around React and Typescript, but legacy projects span a breadth of tech stacks reflecting more than 12 years of successful project delivery.
You'll be working collaboratively with our clients at times, but the role is focused on building and maintaining software, not being a consultant. You’ll also have the opportunity to make your mark on the engineering team, helping us to grow in number and in craft.
- Writing high-quality code to build new features and address issues with existing projects.
- Reviewing pull requests, providing feedback, and pairing with other engineers on difficult problems.
- Contributing to the technical design process, and building documentation of decisions to guide future contributors
- Ensuring code is tested and meets team code quality standards
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers, helping to improve both their code and their skills
- Participating in the engineering recruiting and hiring process
Key Experience Desired
- 3+ years experience writing production code in a professional, team-oriented environment.
- Deep experience with at least one frontend framework (e.g. React, Angular or Vue).
- Experience building web applications with a major open source platform, such as Node.js, Rails or Java.
- Experience working with relational databases like PostgreSQL or MSSQL
- A nuanced point-of-view on agile processes, and a pragmatic approach for including new tools and processes.
- The skill, empathy, and desire to build with other engineers collaboratively through code reviews, joint design and mentorship
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with design and product teams
- Comfort working in public repositories, and commitment to a working style that encourages outside contributors.
- Demeanor to thrive in a high-change environment, where multiple simultaneous projects are the norm
- Discipline to be effective on a team with lots of personal flexibility, but high expectations.
Impress us with your
- Broad experience across a variety of tech stacks, environments, and application types, and a demonstrated ability to pick up new components and methods quickly.
- DevOps expertise with one or more cloud platforms (e.g. Heroku, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- History of delivering systems that scale well, and ability to design, implement, debug, and optimize complex distributed systems.
- Leadership in an open-source project or community
- Contributions to improve the engineering teams you were a member of, both as engineers and as teams.
- Knowledge of technical trends, emerging techniques, and sources for ongoing innovation in our work.
- Your experience in client-facing environments, working to understand requirements and collaborate on solutions
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $115,000 - $125,000 based on experience. Exygy offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) with employer match; professional development budget; home office budget and wifi credit; monthly wellness stipend; unlimited paid time off; profit sharing bonuses and paid volunteer time.