At Modo Labs, we are accelerating the path to a unified and unique mobile strategy for enterprise and higher education institutions. It is our vision, technology, and drive that sets us apart from others when it comes to engaging employees and students in a hyper personalized way.
As a member of our SaaS team, you will be working on a suite of products that serve as the administrative experience for our customers. We are a low-ego team of smart, collaborative, and dedicated individuals who are highly motivated to create excellent software. While we each excel in our own areas of expertise, we find that we are at our best when we work together as a team. We aim for a supportive and friendly environment built on a foundation of trust and respect.
We are looking for a talented and experienced engineer with a passion for writing clean, tested, and maintainable code. The right candidate will enjoy working with others in a team environment and will be comfortable with both giving and receiving constructive feedback. An interest in learning new technologies and continuing to grow and improve your skills will be valuable here.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the continental US. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Ruby on Rails
- Continuous Integration
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Implement best practices of test-driven development٫ continuous integration٫ refactoring and code standards.
- Tackle complex problems, consider multiple solutions, and determine the best course of action.
- 5+ years of significant experience building scalable web applications in commercial production. environments with Ruby on Rails.
- Strong understanding of a distributed service architecture.
- Strong SQL and database knowledge.
- Significant experience with RESTful API design.
- Solid knowledge of testing principles and comfortable with troubleshooting in production environments.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- A desire to learn and an openness to feedback.
- Experience mentoring or coaching less experienced engineers.
- Experience as a project owner.
Modo Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.