eXp Realty is one of the fastest growing real estate brands in North America, with thousands of agents operating across the United States, Canada and around the world. As a full-service real estate brokerage, eXp Realty provides 24/7 access to collaborative tools, training and socialization for real estate brokers and agents through its 3-D, fully-immersive, cloud office environment.
eXp Realty attracts the most talented people from all fields. Whether you're a real estate professional, engineer, marketer, accountant or another field, you'll be challenged and inspired every day. Join us on this incredible journey!
We are fully remote!
Are you interested in taking your experience to the next level? Want to help us extend our reach across the globe?
eXp is in the midst of sustained and rapid growth, with an ambitious global expansion agenda. We need people like you to help us maintain our momentum!
Let’s explore your skills, background, and career trajectory to see how it all fits with the opportunity here at eXp Realty.
What you will do
- As a Lead Software Engineer you will be an integral part of our engineering team, serving as a key contributor to solution design, development and release of enterprise-level solutions
- As a Development Lead, you will lead the development activity of our software projects
- Ensure that we are applying the appropriate coding standards and design principles to ensure our solutions that stand the test of time (robust, supportable, maintainable)
- Mentor other developers
- Partner with key stakeholders from the product and business teams as well as other software developers to ensure delivery of the right solution
We are looking for someone...
- Who insists on understanding the “why”, driving innovation into everything they do
- Who likes to squash inefficiency when they see it
- Who demonstrates high levels of accountability
- Whose positive energy and can-do attitude challenges those around them for better
- Whose focus on quality has the QA team wondering why they bother to test at all
- Who loves to take the initiative, actively exploring the boundaries of their responsibilities
What you’ve done
- 6+ years in software development, making contributions throughout a full stack, including API development (preferably REST) and direct experience with data storage layer (RDBMS)
- 2+ years in a formal leadership role (team lead, development lead)
- Strong organizational and process management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
Bonus points for...
- PostgreSQL, Node.js, Kafka
- Mendix or other "low-code" platform
- Serverless architecture (e.g. AWS Lamda)
- AWS certification
- Experience with internationally-deployed applications
eXp Realty is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other characteristic protected by law.