At Covidence our mission is to dramatically improve lives by changing the way the world creates and uses knowledge.
Launched in 2014 Covidence is a world leading SAAS platform that enables health and science research teams to rapidly synthesise and uncover actionable insights from the mountains of existing research in the world.
Covidence is trusted by 170,000+ researchers and 200+ top institutions including the World Health Organisation, Harvard, Yale and Stanford. We have ambitious plans to scale and expand our feature set so we will be growing our Engineering team significantly over the coming 6 months.
Covidence is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Product and Engineering team and report to our Chief Product & Technology Officer. We research, design, build and maintain the Covidence platform. We're a small supportive team with collaborative practices so you'll have every opportunity to learn, grow and hone your craft.
We’re keen to chat to mid/senior level candidates and learn about what talents you can bring to our team.
When you join Covidence you are joining a team that cares deeply for what we can build and achieve together. If you are ready to be more than just a cog in the machine; if you are smart, curious, want to create change, and are not scared of getting your hands dirty to make it happen – then this is the place for you.
At Covidence we run Product and Engineering roadmaps in parallel. We build new features to support our vision and at the same time modernise our technology for scale.
Here’s a summary of our tech stack:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, Ruby, postgreSQL
- DevOps: AWS, Heroku
- Monitoring tools: Sentry, Datadog
- CI/CD experience: Buildkite
- Services Based Architecture
You’ll get to
- Write code that thousands of researchers rely on everyday
- Contribute to making architecturally-sound engineering decisions
- Do engineering best practices like code review and pair programming
- Work to refine the team's processes to improve development, quality assurance, and delivery
- Work alongside a product manager and designer to help shape product specifications
- Be part of a small tight-knit, high-achieving team that values trust and respect for one another
What you bring
- Robust experience in building and deploying in Ruby on Rails (we're open to candidates with mid to senior level experience)
- A keen interest in modern technologies such as React, GraphQL and PostgreSQL
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- A reasoned and pragmatic approach to software development and testing.
- A love of problem-solving, investigating problems and determining the appropriate fix
- Experience working in an agile development environment
The perks and benefits
- competitive salaries relevant to your experience level
- remote team so you can live and work anywhere as long as you can offer a 4 hour workday crossover with the AEST timezone
- work week flexibility - FT, PT or explore a flexible arrangement with us that best suits you
- 4 weeks paid leave, an extra paid week off between Christmas and New Years and the option to purchase 3 more weeks pro rata
- access to wellbeing services & programs
- a knowledge allowance so you keep learning and developing
As a not-for-profit we offer Australians salary packaging benefits to reduce your taxable income and increase your take home pay
How do I apply?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please hit APPLY and send us through your resume so we can get a feel for your background and experience.
We’ll be back in touch with you promptly. Should we proceed further you can expect 3 remote interviews with us so we can get to know you and vice versa.
In a hurry? We can speed this process up if needed - just let us know!