Are you excited by tech? Does solving cool problems empower you to come into work every day? Do you see your job as more than just a paycheck? Are you a cloud infrastructure enthusiast who looks at problems through the eyes of a software engineer? If this sounds like you, then this may be the role for you!
The Tucows Platform Services team is a new group that's passionate about providing knowledge and standardized practices around tooling. We implement, educate and enable other groups to utilize tools like Consul, Nomad, Terraform, and Vault as a service, spanning multiple datacenters.
We love working with smart, motivated people, and we love learning from each other!
About The Role
In this role, you can expect to:
- Help create a great developer experience through great software
- Build tooling for standardizing system integrations
- Collaborate closely with other internal stream-aligned teams
- Collaborate in a remote-first environment
- Contribute back to upstream OSS when appropriate
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- A passion for developer advocacy and for solving complex problems
- Delivered software in an agile manner, via Continuous Delivery
- Built distributed systems with Go, Python or another low-level programming language
- Built or operated a service in a cloud environment (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP, OpenStack)
- Used infrastructure-as-code tooling (e.g. Terraform, Pulumi) to provision cloud resources
- A solid understanding of containerization (e.g. Docker), service discovery and load-balancing
- Container orchestration experience (e.g. Kubernetes, Nomad)
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. So if you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Salary and compensation
$110,000 — $130,000/year