Fleetio’s Mobile Platform Engineering team is looking for a service-minded, delivery-focused Software Engineer who cares deeply about providing a highly reliable app, a great developer experience, and enabling Fleetio Engineers to consistently ship quality software.
Mobile apps are a huge part of our product strategy (our customers are managing mobile assets, after all), so your work will be highly impactful and advance a critical area of the business.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience building native mobile apps (using Swift and Kotlin) and is passionate about performing mobile platform engineering activities that ultimately lead to a great developer and user experience.
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleets. You can learn more about our platform here
. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and are on an exciting trajectory as a company.
More about Fleetio
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Mobile Engineer on Fleetio’s Platform Engineering team, you will:
- Build and maintain a high-performance, friction-free mobile CI/CD pipeline
- Manage dependencies, shared libraries, and SDKs that our mobile engineers use
- Build release management tools and strategies necessary for the product squads to perform safe, high-quality releases
- Monitor and maintain a 99.9% crash-free rate by developing fixes as necessary and/or surfacing them to the appropriate team for action
- Implement APM tools, monitor application performance, and address performance bottlenecks
- Build security fixes by working with different teams (security, product management, product engineers)
- Work with other engineers to improve developer tools
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada, or Mexico), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software, and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and release processes to ship on a weekly cadence. See what our team has to say about how we work in their own words here
. You can also learn about the interview process here
- 2+ years of professional experience crafting quality code in Swift and Kotlin
- Knowledgeable of the current state of the iOS & Android platform, deployment, and CI/CD best practices
- Ability to analyze app performance by working with mobile APM tools such as Firebase
- Experience with dependency management using Cocoa pods, Gradle, Dependabot
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs (Ruby on Rails, Node, or similar)
- Service mindset with a strong passion for enabling engineers to ship value
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be sure to mention “coffee” in your application, so we know you actually read this
Considered a plus
- Experience with SwiftUI and/or Compose
- You know a thing or two about the fleet management industry
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012
For Non-U.S. based candidates, Fleetio offers a country-specific competitive benefits package.