Can Factory are looking for a Java developer to join our experienced and growing development team to work on new and existing projects. The role requires scoping, designing and implementing amazing solutions. The role would suit someone who thrives in a team-oriented environment and is passionate about developing high-quality software.
As a developer, you will be working closely with a highly experienced team member in order to learn about our projects. As an agency, we use a wide-ranging set of technologies across projects from high-traffic commercial websites to iOS & Android applications. There is scope to move into development areas that interest you and to hone your skills in a specialist area.
Goals For Your First Three Months
- Understand the team, culture and projects to find which gaps you can fill
- Learn the Can Factory, Can Do way. We focus on what Can be done
- Prove that you can consistently produce quality output
What We Want
- A genuine interest in all aspects of software development
- Strong analytical approach to problem-solving
- Highly motivated and enjoys learning
- Enjoys working in small experienced teams that rely on your delivery
- At least 3 years of experience with e-commerce Java development
- Exceptional knowledge of the Java programming language
- Experience with OOP design techniques
- Ability to analyse requirements and design a top-level solution
- Takes pride in creating concise, clear and elegant code
- An interest and understanding in all tiers of web development, from front-facing web technologies to building large scalable applications
- Experience in using Spring frameworks and use of MVC patterns
- Experience with test/behaviour-driven development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of Design Patterns
- Maven build system
- Source control (e.g. Git)
- Mobile-oriented software development – iOS and Android
- Comfortable working with customers and other stakeholders where necessary.
How We Work
As a company, we don’t work late! We don’t work weekends! We focus on keeping everyone fresh and able to deliver high-quality work, with enough energy to get it right, the first time. This approach is important to understand as that requires that you as an individual have to be driven to produce high-quality outputs.
The current team leaders are very much software engineers that could easily turn their hand to building a blue chip Java, native iOS or Android application. In other words, we expect our team to be able to up-skill to a high level as new technology requirements come up to meet us. As a general rule, we are mostly a Java-based software development team however, as well as the above various members of the team have genuine depth in other languages such as .NET, PHP, CSS, JaveScript, WordPress, C, C++, MySQL, Percona, Oracle, Tomcat etc. Other members still have a more dev-ops background. In other words, we are looking for genuine software developers who can apply best practices where it is needed, rather than someone who is focused on one specific technology stack.