Who We Are
Here at deTASO, we build therapy software that changes the lives of thousands of children and adults on a daily basis. Our customers range from multi-million dollar therapy companies to small outpatient therapy clinics, and our vision is to create incredible software that helps our customers focus on what is most important - their patients.
Weʼre a small, faith-based, tightly knit group of passionate individuals who care deeply about the needs of our customers, and for making lasting change in the lives of the individuals they serve.
Weʼre seeking a seasoned Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer to help us blaze a new trail as we transition our legacy desktop products to being completely web and mobile-based.
Developers at deTASO are:
- Valued. From the very top, we care deeply about your work-life balance, family, and growth.
- Humble. We take personal responsibility for the work of our hands and strive to learn from those we work with.
- A-Players. No one likes being micromanaged, and we donʼt hire code monkeys. We believe in autonomy and taking initiative.
- Invested. Being in the healthcare space has its challenges, and we donʼt take those challenges lightly. We understand that we have a great deal of responsibility to make sure that our software works as intended.
- Heard. All developers at deTASO contribute to the vision and direction of our apps, and every one of our developers is critical to our team.
Our Tech Stack
The technologies that we have chosen to solve the real problems our clients' experience:
- Stimulus Reflex
- Event-Driven Technologies (Kafka, etc)
We value modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, and readable code.
About The Job
Youʼll architect and lead the development of new apps that integrate with our legacy stack. This includes drilling into the nitty-gritty of performance, working with a very large data model, and ensuring security is a first-class citizen, all while keeping the multiple demographics of our customers in mind.
Youʼll write behavior, integration, and unit tests to ensure your code has been built to spec and solves the right needs of the business.
Youʼll help define and implement coding standards, patterns, and processes as we migrate our legacy stack and applications into current and future technologies, of which youʼll be directly involved.
Youʼll invest yourself into the less experienced members of the team.
You have extensive experience architecting and leading the development of real world production level apps, and are comfortable working with both front and back-end technologies. You arenʼt easily swayed by the newest hit framework, and you evaluate the business impact of the technology decisions you make. You value clean code, and value writing said code in a fashion that emphasizes readability over cleverness.
You realize that creating effective software means caring about the person using it.
You will come into the company expected to lead and learn from those around you. You have the ability to empathize with the end-users of what you build, whether those users are our customers or your fellow developers.
- Have at least 8 years of proven industry experience.
- Have at least 3 years of experience as a technical lead.
- Have proven success architecting and leading the development of real-world applications used by real customers.
- Can communicate technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
- Love helping engineers grow. You constantly learn from and teach the people you work with. Youʼve demonstrated your ability to help engineers grow into senior technical leaders.
- Have a deep respect for your craft. We are dedicated to building software sustainably, using modern techniques. Youʼre always looking for more and better ways to write software, and enthusiastic about sharing them with your team.
- Are respectful, empathetic, and humble. We want you to take your work seriously and be open to personal and professional growth. We expect you to show everyone respect and consideration.
We fully understand that no one can really hit the ground running, and weʼll be there to teach and coach about the complexities of this industry that we work in each day.
What to Expect if You Apply
Just so youʼre in the know - hereʼs what youʼre getting yourself into should you apply.
After submitting your resume,
- Weʼll have a quick and casual phone call (15-20 minutes) to introduce ourselves and to make sure this role is what you’re looking for.
- Youʼll be sent a real-world programming exercise that weʼll use to see a glimpse of your skill and how you solve problems.
- Youʼll have an extended interview with company leadership reviewing the exercise, going through culture, expectations, and experience.
- Weʼll bring you into town for an in-person day of meeting the team and interviews. This will allow for lots of chances to find out if weʼre a good fit for each other.
- An offer will be extended to you based on our assessment of your experience.
- Eligible to work in the United States
- If remote, you must be willing to travel to the office twice each year to connect with the rest of the team in person.
We want to take great care of our team.
- Competitive Salary.
- Pay 50% of an Employee’s Individual Health Insurance Premium.
- Monthly HSA Contributions.
- Dental & Vision Insurance.
- Company contribution to a 401(k) starting at 1 year of employment.
- 4 weeks vacation and paid holidays.
- A remote-friendly working environment.
- The technology necessary for you to do your job (computer, monitors, etc).
deTASO is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.