- Apollo/GraphQL to interact with a Hasura back-end
- SASS modules for styling
- Cypress for testing
- React Native for the mobile app
- AWS and Firebase on the back-end
As the tech lead for the web app, you’ll be at the forefront of building and architecting fun (and technically challenging!) features for a highly engaged user base that’s multiplying every month. You’ll lead and mentor a growing team. You’ll work on a well-architected Typescript codebase, and use cutting edge technologies such as GraphQL/Hasura and Cypress on a daily basis. This role is absolutely critical to ensuring a great product experience for our users.
- Build and iterate rapidly on engaging features (while squashing bugs) for the web app
- Translate product requirements into actionable engineering tickets
- Define the technical vision for the team, codebase and tooling.
- Improve the overall performance and quality of the web app
- Represent the web team as the tech lead, and collaborate directly with the product design team and other engineering (Mobile, Backend) teams
- Mentor and unblock other engineers on the team
- Interview candidates and help with hiring and onboarding more engineers to the team
- Improve team processes to ensure that everyone is working well together
Qualifications and Skills
- Have 5+ years of professional software development experience with an expert level of knowledge with React, JS, GraphQL and their ecosystems. You also have some experience with full-stack development.
- Have experience tech leading small teams of engineers and mentoring junior engineers
- Build well-tested and polished features quickly. You are able to identify when to make appropriate tradeoffs to ship quickly vs. when to take the time to do things right. Even in ambiguous situations, you can identify the most valuable areas to direct your energy.
- Communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally.
- Reside in US/Canada: we are a distributed company that likes to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- Competitive Salary
- Meaningful Equity
- Competitive Benefits
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Mental health support + virtual care
- Annual company retreat
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements, we encourage you to apply. If you’ve contributed to open source, have written technical articles or presented at conferences, we’d love to see that work.
Patio is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.