45RPM is looking to hire a Sr. Full Stack Developer/Sr. Design Technologist to join our growing team and lead interesting and complex custom website and application development projects! We are a Digital Agency based in Washington, DC and Mexico City. We are a do-it-all agency, with a team of front-end and back-end developers, copywriters, designers, and project managers. We specialize in bringing digital brands to life.
We are looking for an experienced developer who is proficient with a range of digital technologies and an ability to direct and build complex, API driven sites. Your primary focus will be on setting the direction and architecture for marketing and ecommerce websites that use APIs and other data sources to deliver compelling user experiences.
Your team will be developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js state management libraries and patterns (such as Flux, Redux, and React Context) and delivering back end platforms and systems. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality is important.
- Is curious and asks questions to understand the business goal of digital projects
- 5+ years experience successfully delivering web projects within a digital agency
- Worked on 3+ production applications using a major MVVM or MVC framework (React, Angular, React Native, Flutter, etc.) and working with data from an API
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, Yarn, etc.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Led or directed an agile team using moderns tools and methodologies (DevOps, Jira, GitHub, Trello, etc.)
We’re Looking For Someone Who:
- Loves design & technology and understands its value
- Has strong English and Spanish communication skills
- Isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty - we are a team of doers, not managers
- Has a strong passion to learn and develop their skill-set
- Prides themselves on an exacting attention to detail
- Is focused with a positive outlook
- Has a strong sense of humour
- Leads by example; with respect, empathy and precise attention to detail
What You’ll Be Doing
- Development of websites and web applications on multiple projects of varying size
- Building reusable components, methods and libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Collaborate with the project team to develop project plans and project estimates
- Collaborate with the project manager to ensure projects are meeting project plan and timeline
- Collaborate with the QA analyst to develop testing use-cases and testing strategies
- Collaborate with the QA analyst to assess, test, and fix QA issues
What We Offer
- A small, fun, and dynamic office space filled with enthusiastic young professionals — music is always playing!
- Metro-accessible office, close to great food and drink
- Relaxed dress code (with the exception of client meetings)
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Healthcare and generous vacation policy
At 45RPM, we like to think of ourselves as a team of misfits. We’re no drama, and a little weird. But more importantly, we are uncompromising in our commitment to provide the best possible service to our clients, and need people ready to honor that. Our work is demanding, but when you love the people you’re doing it for (and with) - it’s incredibly fulfilling.