Be a key contributor to an exciting remote-first software company!
CareerPlug empowers others to reach their potential. We do this, in part, by making it easier for our SMB clients to hire and develop the right people. We want to positively impact the lives of our employees, our small business owner clients and their applicants/teams, a reach that impacts millions each year!
What we do.
We provide innovative recruiting and HR software for over 14,000 clients and solve one of the biggest problems in small business - attracting and retaining the right people. Our applicant tracking and retention platform helps companies make better hires to have the right people in place to build a successful business. Our vision is leading us along an inspiring path to accomplish much more. The next stage of our growth will be powerful and will exponentially propel us toward exciting business, and more importantly, mission milestones.
We believe that people are the heart of our business and are committed to building one of the best places to work -- anywhere. To us, that means putting care and purpose into our hiring process, providing meaningful development and training opportunities for our team members, and living our core values every day.
CareerPlug is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse team. Our leadership takes responsibility for creating a safe and welcoming environment built on inclusion and respect for all.
Who are we looking for?
Our developers work full-stack, building new features from scratch, and balance their work on new features with bug fixes, innovation projects, and infrastructure improvements. This is an opportunity to make significant contributions to a high-growth product and directly influence the growth and future direction of CareerPlug’s software.
We believe that engineering managers should empower their teams by, among other things, creating a work environment that supports experimentation, failure, learning, high-trust, and allows employees to make decisions that affect their jobs.
If you are an experienced engineering manager who is looking to continue your path while assisting others on their path of continuous learning, continuous improvement, and a team that values outcomes over output this may be a great fit for you!
What technologies do we use?
- Empower your team(s)
- Empower your team(s) to deliver on company outcomes by creating a work environment that supports experimentation, failure, and learning, and allows employees to make decisions that affect their jobs.
- Help facilitate an environment where employees have the authority to make decisions that impact their daily work.
- Care for your people
- Help support your team by holding weekly 1x1 meetings. Coach, guide, and mentor your team(s) as they continue on their individual career journeys.
- Help refine and iterate on the employee growth framework, to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to grow in their career.
- Increase Reliability
- Help to continue creating an environment that allows for the fast flow of work from development into production.
- Invest in the ever ongoing effort of building a culture that builds tools to detect issues quickly and resolve them early on when they are cheap.
- Support experimentation and innovation on your teams by embracing failures and learning from them.
- Foster a culture of high-trust
- Help us continue to establish a culture of high trust by embracing failures.
- Conduct blameless postmortems when things don’t go as anticipated and view every failure as an opportunity for inquiry and improvement.
- The ability to coach and mentor engineers to allow them to reach their potential
- Empathetic communicator (must be kind!)
- Transformational leader: must be able to inspire those around them as we continue to evolve and grow our strategy of how we approach software development and collaboration on the product team.
- Proven success managing an engineering team (minimum of 1 year)
- Proven success as a software engineer
- An understanding of modern DevOps practices
- Work from home (we're fully remote)
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
- Unlimited PTO (with minimums!)
- Home Office Stipend
- 401(k) Company Match
- Donation Matching
: As of March 2020, our formerly Austin-based team has been working fully remotely. We have transitioned to a Remote First
company forever. This role may be filled by any U.S.-based candidate.,
This role pays $150,000 in base salary with an additional $10,000 in annual bonus potential.
Compensation: $150,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.