We’re living in unprecedented times. More than ever, Americans need help with financial wellness: both to prepare for retirement, and to deal with the challenges of today. We’re here to help fix this. We do so by helping all Americans build a brighter financial future, and giving them access to tools and assets ordinarily reserved for the wealthy. This summer, we’re helping people invest in cryptocurrencies as part of their 401(k), and we have plans to add real estate and shares in pre-IPO companies.
We’re looking for a mission-driven Rails engineer to help us devise and build products that help people save and navigate their financial realities.
- Be involved in every aspect of back-end development
- Contribute to the back-end systems that integrate with our partners
- Contribute to our API endpoints, collaborating with our engineers, product, and design teams to spec, write, test, and deploy code
Here’s what we need:
- You’re creative, flexible, and curious
- 4+ years of back-end development experience
- 3+ years experience coding in Ruby on Rails
- Experience coding with SQL back-ends, including Postgres
- Experience with writing unit tests, monitoring code coverage, and linting your code
- Experience with transactional email systems (eg Mandrill)
- Experience delivering a high-quality product as an individual contributor as part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment
- Excellent communication skills
For bonus points, you:
- Are passionate about web standards
- Are comfortable with API design
- Have experience with Node on AWS
Compensation & Benefits:
- Flexible, remote-first team (currently hiring those physically located in the United States)
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- One Medical membership
You’ll be joining a diverse engineering team that is normally based in downtown San Francisco but is now working remotely. We believe that everyone brings a new perspective based on their background and context, and we care deeply about building an inclusive, empathetic culture. Our mission is important, and we undertake our work with care and a sense of responsibility.