Spruce is hiring programmers to develop world-class open source products and libraries implementing open global standards in identity. At Spruce, we are reimagining trusted interactions by creating the world’s best software for packaging beliefs digitally, starting with Web3. We hire programmers who love technology and are committed to intellectual honesty, user privacy, and innovation.
You will be responsible for building software prototypes and product features from start to finish. Our products will be composed from a combination of industry-trusted web and mobile frameworks, cutting-edge cryptography, new interoperable identity standards, and custom backend libraries. We will count on you to leverage this arsenal to implement cross-platform user experiences from conception to release.
- Excellent written communications skills (necessary for remote work)
- Experience writing software in web and mobile for large user bases and enterprises
- Can create cross-platform applications from start to finish with React Native or Flutter
- Understanding of computer security, correct use of cryptography, and user data privacy
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines based on containers and cloud services
- Comfortable with rapid directional changes of focus in a startup environment
- Proficiency with functional programming paradigms
- Full-time experience with working remotely
- Able to wireframe or rapidly prototype interfaces and proficiency in graphic design
- Contributions to open source software projects or standards groups
- Experience or interest in statically-typed frontend languages such as TypeScript and ReasonML
At Spruce we are passionate about cultivating a thriving culture of diverse individuals who bring unique perspectives to our mission. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.