🌎 Edinburgh office or fully remote working from anywhere in EMEA!
🏖️ 33 Days Paid Leave
✨ Exciting product
, 10s of millions of users, sold to global brands
💻 M1 Max MacBook Pro or PC equivalent
💡 Latest tech stack and tools
have developed a platform called Storyteller
that allows brands to integrate Stories functionality and more into their apps and websites. The platform is in use by multiple global brands serving 10s of millions of users. Check us out on ProductHunt
We're looking for an amazing Senior Android Developer to join our growing team and help push this product on to the next 100 million users. You'll be working with the latest technologies across Kotlin using the latest equipment of your choice.
You'll be working with a friendly, talented team and have the opportunity to grow and lead both technically and in managing others. If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
What can you expect?
- Responsible for improving internal technical practise and processes, including identifying relevant, new technologies
- Leading projects from conception to completion
- Understanding business objectives and how to fulfil them
- A standard-bearer and example for code quality in the company
- Executing tasks proactively with no brief
- Working with other team leads to ensure company-wide cohesion and efficiency
- Working with non-technical team members to increase the overall technical output of the company
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced developers
- Liaising with project management colleagues when technical input is required
- Learning, utilising and improving our DevOps processes and tools to enable rapid delivery
- Eliminating technical debt
- Fixing emergency software defects and sharing what was learned from the failure
- Helping to define the technical architecture for products
- Producing software reused by developers by contributing to our SDK
Eventually, we'd like you to:
- Take full responsibility for the output of a development team
- Be responsible for quality of team via reviewing/feedback, mentoring and recruiting
- Define success and how it will be measured, creating plans and roadmaps as needed
- Prioritise team members’ workload
- Lead on client communication and delivery where required
What's important to us:
- Experience using Kotlin or Java
- Experience using Rest APIs
- Experience using Git
- Experience using ViewModels, Coroutines and RxJava
- 5 years’ commercial experience
What’s nice to have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science (or a related discipline)
- Experience with Unit Testing / Testing frameworks in general
- Experience using Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience using Good OO practices
- Contributed to Open Source projects
- An active Github profile
YOUR WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Modern tech stack
We adopt the latest technologies .NET 5 (moving to .NET 6 right now!), Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework Core, Hangfire, Azure, Terraform on the backend and React, Redux, SASS on the frontend, Swift and Kotlin on mobile - constantly looking for the best tools and solutions.
Agility & Openness for Ideas
We actively encourage the entire team to share their ideas, with that in mind we regularly adopt and implement suggestions across the company, you’re the specialist here!
Operating with the agility of a high growth start-up, alongside the support you can expect from a larger organisation means we encourage quick decision making and a responsive, adaptive culture.
We believe that great teams are built by a mixture of personality and skills, we’re an international team with more than 100 people onboard, the technical team counts around 30 specialists, and half of them are senior developers. We’re looking for people with a passion for what they do - just be yourself!
We’re an international team with more than 100 people onboard and we come from a mix of the biggest names in tech, to innovative start-ups and everything in between.
60-70% of our daily tasks are new features development, we care a lot about quality assurance, that’s why we enlarge our QA team.
We’ll provide you with a high-end M1 Max MacBook Pro or PC equivalent as well as top of the range monitors, headphones, a keyboard, mouse and whatever you need to feel comfortable at work.
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role. We have flexible working hours so you can start your day anytime between 8am and 11am.
Joining us means becoming an integral part of the whole team no matter where we’re physically working, we have a number of initiatives to create a team environment regardless of geographic location.