Join us to help build the future of game based learning!
The Legends of Learning
platform is a marketplace with 2000+ educational games used by over 5M students in 50K schools and growing fast. We are also the creators of Awakening, a 3D multiplayer adventure learning game for iOS/Android/Web.
We have headquarters in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD. Our engineering and game studio teams are fully remote.
Our tech stack includes: Elixir / Phoenix, C# / .NET, React, Typescript, GraphQL, Postgres, Redis, Unity, Kubernetes, Docker, TimescaleDB, DataDog, Github, Buildkite and AWS.
About The Role
The Full Stack Application Engineer will build and maintain technical solutions in support of game based learning for our students, teachers and administrators. Working with product managers and designers, this person will directly influence the user experience of desktop and mobile interfaces for our teaching and learning platforms. As a member of the platform engineering team, this person will participate in a lean agile development process including daily standups, software design, occasional pair programming, effective testing and code review, CI/CD, feature flagging, and application performance monitoring. While most of this person’s work will involve coding in Elixir, React, Typescript, GraphQL and Postgres, there will be ample opportunities to collaborate with game engineering (C#, Unity, Rust) and data engineering (Kafka, Python, Redshift).
This position will have competitive compensation, stock options, health benefits (US only), and flexibility in work hours and locations.
If you're more interested in game engineering or devops/infrastructure then please check out our other job openings
If this describes you then please get in touch!
- You can contribute in multiple areas of the tech stack, have demonstrated professional experience working with Elixir and React, and have a firm understanding of Erlang/OTP concepts;
- You have several years experience working on web apps in production environments;
- You are eager to learn and enjoy navigating new technologies;
- You are capable of working independently and also a great team player;
- You want to be empowered to make impactful decisions and ship code daily to production;
- You are fun loving and maybe even bring something a little extra to the table!
Applicants must be located in the Western Hemisphere and available for full time collaboration on US Eastern time zone. This is a remote position.