Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small businesses thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable, and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia & the US, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
Sendle continues to grow into new markets, launching new products that help our customers manage the logistics side of their businesses. As we do, we’re deepening our technical integrations with our courier partners, and bringing on new partners to increase our reach and continue to change the parcel delivery market. Ready to do the best work of your career with a collaborative, creative, and supportive team?
How we work
We are a 100% remote product engineering team and have been since the beginning, with team members all around Australia, New Zealand, Philippines and United States. Sendle is a trusting and flexible work place so is a great fit for people who feel it’s results that matter not time spent at the keyboard. We do have office space in Seattle, so you can choose to be all-remote or mix it up.
What you’ll do
- Manage relationships with carrier technology teams. Establish processes and cadence for changes, and work with carriers to improve service reliability, performance and features. You’ll be Sendle’s point of contact for all carrier-related technical issues.
- Work in a cross-functional role building innovative products that solve customer pain points. You will work closely with our Product, Partnership and Network teams to ensure that products resonate with our customers, and deliver a quality service.
- Maintain internal documentation for carrier integrations, ensuring it is consistent with the current behavior of the integration. You’ll fully understand the integration from both the operational and technical perspective, and be able to explain it to technical and non-technical teams.
- Maintain dashboards for carrier integration performance. Track performance and reliability of integrations and reports as part of the carrier partnership QBR process.
- Work with engineering and network teams to scope, specify, and test integrations when new carriers are brought on board.
- Identify, plan, and champion optimizations to carrier integrations to improve their performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Perform limited maintenance of carrier integrations, for example, you might update rate cards, or tweak a carrier API. How far you go down this path depends on your appetite for it!
What you’ll need
- Great communication and organization skills. You’re equally comfortable on a scoping call with a potential partner as you are working with engineers to understand how the carrier integration framework is designed.
- An engineering background, with experience in integration with 3rd party systems. Integration experience with logistics providers is a plus.
- Data-driven approach to performance and reliability. Experience with Datadog, Tableau or similar metrics and dashboard tools is a plus.
- Experience working in cross functional teams or as the technical specialist within an operational team.
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects across multiple partners in multiple countries.
What we're offering
- Remote work flexibility (budget for home offices or office spaces to teammates as needed)
- 20 PTO Days
- 10 Sick Days
- 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k and matching contributions
- Options through participation in Sendle’s ESOP
- Annual personal development budget, family leave, and more
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Legally, we need you to know this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
But it’s important to us that you know this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.