Remote Welcome - full time or contract
We are seeking senior engineers and hands-on architects to join the growing team at InCountry, where we are creating a new infrastructure category - “data residency as a service”. Our data storage network runs across the globe (currently in 50 countries) and must be highly available while offering low latency to customers worldwide.
We are looking for senior contributors to help us solve a wide range of distributed systems and cloud infrastructure problems. Just some of the topics we work on include: highly available systems and storage, cluster management, global networking, container orchestration, secure systems and key management, performance scaling and API design.
Our product represents a deep technical stack including Dashboard (React), SDKs, core APIs, and globally distributed infrastructure for compute, storage and infrastructure.
Some of the signs that this position might be a good fit:
- Do you subscribe to The Morning Paper?
- Do you play with the latest AWS services just for fun?
- Do you have a strong opinion on the suitability of MySQL semi synchronous replication?
- Can you talk from experience about the trade-offs between “new and shiny” and “battle tested”?
- Have you carried the pager and operated web systems at scale?
- Architect-level experience
- Broad knowledge of common languages and frameworks, including modern stacks such as Golang, Elixir, Rust, Scala
- Demonstrated experience with modern infrastructure: microservices, container orchestration, service mesh, event sourcing, CI/CD
- Ability to move fast and ship code in a small company environment
- Strong opinions and technical depth, but combined with an ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Contribute to distributed systems architectural decisions
- Design and build backend APIs
- Build and operate v1 solutions and scale them as we grow
- Mentor more junior developers
- Help improve our overall development process
- Collaborate with product, compliance, operations and executive stakeholders on key product and engineering decisions
What we offer?
This is a chance to help build critical global infrastructure from the ground up. We are looking for people willing to code and mentor, but who can also write a great design spec. We are growing fast and working in a rapidly changing global landscape, so you should enjoy working fast in the face of ambiguity. The trade-off is autonomy, fast decisions, and big impact. Work wherever you want - InCountry is already a globally distributed team.
InCountry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.