A senior software engineer is responsible for maintaining and developing software and technical infrastructure to meet the company’s requirements while maintaining a high standard of reliability and maintainability. This person should also be comfortable communicating with colleagues and customers to understand and refine those requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet stakeholder requirements primarily using Clojure, AWS, and occasionally Ruby on Rails
- Teamwork, as part of an engineering pair (remotely), individually, and with product
- Communicate with stakeholders so that product planning can be informed by knowledge of technical possibilities, limitations, and tradeoffs
- Make and follow through on architectural and design decisions (during new development and when necessary to address technical debt in existing systems)
- Be able to explain, facilitate, and promote decisions among other engineers
- Write quality documentation for users and other engineers
- Participate in daily all-engineering standups
- Bias towards positive team dynamics
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and requires extensive computer use.
This position requires on-call hours.
Travel: 5% - twice a year for team meetings.
We welcome people of different levels of experience and backgrounds. We know that people can come by the skills and talents we’re looking for in many different ways, so if you’re interested, let’s talk! We’d like to hear your story. healthfinch is also committed to creating spectacular culture, along with phenomenal benefits. All full time employees are entitled to paid maternity/paternity leave, unlimited vacation and the ability to work anywhere in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.