We’re looking to add full web stack Java developers to our fully remote software team, who will thrive working from home. In this role, you’ll contribute to the improvement and maintenance of our core product features as well as to new areas of development.
This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits and more. We provide competitive compensation with excellent benefits and team culture that we believe is best in class.
We are not considering freelancers, agencies, contractors, or applicants from outside of the continental United States.
Candidates must be within the continental United States.
Who We Are
- Variphy is the market leader in unified collaboration and communications analytics software for the most prominent global companies within every industry vertical.
- By design, our team is relatively small, but highly skilled, extremely collaborative, and efficient - all of which fuel our success.
- Our team is distributed throughout the United States and we all work from home. We have no office and don’t have any plans for one.
- We collaborate in real-time extremely well over chat, voice, and video with the latest/greatest tech stack and toolset - Slack, Google Workspace, Jira/Confluence, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, IntelliJ, etc.
Who We Are Looking For
- A team-first player who communicates well, makes great use of their time, and will succeed in a very fast-paced environment where each team member’s velocity does truly matter.
- In addition to software development, this person is more than willing to regularly consult and assist other teams with production support for clients, typically over chat.
- Design, implement, improve, and maintain core and new software components and frameworks through test-driven development (functional and unit tests)
- Contribute to code reviews, technical designs, discussions, and system architecture
- Provide responsive and hands-on support and technical guidance to field engineering, support, QA, and other departments as needed
- Identify, learn, and share new programming/development technologies, techniques, tools, and trends
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of enterprise or commercial software development in Java (we use v11) with full web stack responsibilities
- Hands on experience with MySQL, SQL Server, and/or Postgres - the more the better
- Spring & Hibernate
- Jira or similar issue tracking system
- Great team player in software development - we’re not looking for lone wolves
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering - related field or experience OK
- Linux as development environment and/or server administration
- Google Cloud / AWS
- Spring Core and MVC
- Automated Testing