Note: this is a remote position
Prognos is a NYC-based healthcare startup whose mission is to improve health by driving the best actions learned from the world's data. In order to achieve this goal we have curated the world’s largest clinical lab dataset, covering over 200M patients in the US, and are currently deploying cutting-edge technology for predicting disease at the earliest possible time.
The Mission of the Engineering team at Prognos is to develop, deploy and maintain the analytic and machine learning pipelines within Prognos’ products, addressing business-relevant problems in close collaboration with our Data Science, Clinical, and Product teams.
We are looking for an experienced, well-rounded engineer to join the team, and help us move this mission-critical task forward. Are you interested in using complex data and cutting edge technologies to improve health? Then come work with us!
Who you are:
Professional with senior level experience. 7+ years of technical experience or clear contribution potential. Built multiple applications at multiple companies. Experience with websites to back end development, serverless architectures, AWS, machine learning and data engineering. Comfortable and easily able to educate others on how to develop algorithms, concepts, programming techniques.
We work a lot in Go and Scala with a little Python. We‘re using containers and No-Ops/Serverless with an AWS terraform deployment. We’re continually trying to improve, and explore the best way to accomplish our work. We're always interested in the best tools for a given job. We use Spark and Presto as well.
- Participate in iterative/agile software development
- Develop high-quality, tested software
- Actively participate in all team planning and review sessions
- Question everything. Be voracious.
- Be self-motivated to learn and incorporate new technologies and keep up with best practices.
- Feel free to contribute to the open-source community, author blog posts, speak at meetups and conferences
- Help teach the team about the stuff you know that we don't
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- > 7 years of development experience (or tell us why your experience matters)
- If you have an advanced degree that’s cool, if you don’t that’s okay
- Top-notch communication and problem-solving skills
- Language building skills
- Ability to develop and architect complex systems by oneself
- Experience mentoring/teaching developers
- Experience pair programming
- Remote work experience
Prognos Values & Culture:
- We are collaborative. We put team trust and energy ahead of individual stardom. We are humble and willing to admit when wrong.
- We go above and beyond. We exceed the needs of our partners and are not limited by our job descriptions. We are accountable for our actions, work, decisions, and results.
- We are purposeful in all that we do. We focus on what matters and prioritize. We think in perspective and see the full picture.
- We are curious. We learn from solving big problems. We are never satisfied and always strive for a better way. We aim to continually develop ourselves.
- We are courageous and honest. We are not afraid to speak out. We challenge the process. We deal with conflict head on.
- We are enthusiastic. We are optimistic for change and a better future. We believe in the greater good. We celebrate accomplishments and have fun.
- Our culture guide: http://bit.ly/2K1qMpx
- Flexible work arrangements and unlimited PTO
- Some of our benefits include: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Dental, Vision, 401k, HSA, FSA, Dependent care flexible spending, commuter benefits, free access to One Medical Group, Gym discounts, flexible work hours and locations, access to the WeWork network, a Health Advocate, Employee Stock Option Plan, and more