We’re searching for a Senior Engineer with experience in complex and dynamic environments to join our team. The core mission of our engineers is to build a product that our customers will love. You'll be collaborating particularly with our other engineers across the region, and our CTO based in Australia.
Your role will involve contributing to the planning, design, creation, testing, and documentation of features and web services provided by Sked. You’ll be integral in building advanced architecture and automation for better product and engineering performance. As a senior team member, you will need to practice a high degree of ownership and be confident responding to requests for information and advice, whilst balancing competing demands to be sure we achieve our objectives.
In addition, it’s essential that you share knowledge, ideas and solutions with the team, remove technical debt, mentor junior engineers and implement best practices to support our culture.
Our current tech stack is MERN (MongoDB, Express, React, and node), running on AWS.. We use social media API endpoints such as Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest, Google My Business, etc, CI/CD, and BI tools for engineering and product planning.
To be effective, we believe you need to:
- Bring several years of full-stack experience, with a high level of ownership and a commitment to quality and best practice. We expect this role to be 70% backend and 30% devops.
- Have proven skills across Node.js, Typescript, and experience with CI/CD, MongoDB, AWS, and Restful API specs and documentation.
- Have experience with TDD and test frameworks such as Jest.
- Be committed to developing your skills and perfecting your craft.
- Have shipped product (that is, something people paid for), ideally in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Love working in a small team, being productive relatively rapidly, and getting straight into the 'thick of it'.
- Not be afraid of debugging complicated issues or working on refactoring/updating older code.
- Love deploying well-tested and effective code to production.
- Enjoy working on a mix of new projects and improvements to existing features.
Some understanding or experience in social media management and/or social networks (from a business users' perspective or their API) is highly desirable but not essential.
To be considered, apply now (including a short covering note, introducing yourself) and I'll be in touch (Rebecca). We have a streamlined, straightforward interview process and make decisions swiftly.
Note: You will need to be based in a timezone +/- 3hrs from AEST to enable effective teamwork.