is a SaaS platform that unlocks stories from happy customers, and automatically creates a library of beautiful content assets. We are the only platform purpose-built to unlock customer love at scale. Credibility and noise are huge issues in B2B marketing and sales. We believe companies can sell a lot more when they let their customers do the talking, and show real-life evidence and feedback from their users.
You’ll be part of a founding team of engineers responsible for developing the core UserEvidence application.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and high-performance Ruby on Rails applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, design solutions, and implement new features.
- Optimize application performance, database queries, and overall system architecture.
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code following best practices and industry standards.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to junior team members.
- Identify and troubleshoot software defects, performance bottlenecks, and system failures.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in Ruby on Rails and web development.
- At least four years building software in a team environment or equivalent experience. Years of experience doesn’t always capture expertise, so we encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate you’re well versed in building software in a team environment
- At least two years working professionally on a Ruby on Rails application or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing code that is accessible, scalable, maintainable, and performant
- Experience with any modern frontend framework (Vue, React, Angular, ...)
- Experience working with background job processing environments - like Sidekiq and Redis
- Experience writing complex queries for relational databases - we use PostgreSQL.
- Comfortable working remotely in an autonomous environment - you don’t mind asking questions and problem solving in public communication channels.
- Able to work in US time zones - you don’t have to live in those time zones, but you have to be able to collaborate with your teammates during those times
- Competitive salary and bonus + a large equity stake. We pay in the 75th percentile of market rates.
- Unlimited PTO + 13 paid holidays per year.
- $4,000 equipment allowance for your first two years, $3,000 budget every following two years.
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- Individual learning + development budget (up to $2,500/year).
- Flexible work schedule and remote work options.
- Coworking space membership reimbursement.
While we are a fast growing remote-first tech startup, we prioritize a fulfilling and stable lifestyle for our employees. We have a real opportunity to get to $50M/yr+ in recurring revenue within 4-6 years and see a large exit, but we’re going to do so in a smart and sane way that is financially prudent and ensures that any exit substantially benefits all employees rather than simply founders and investors. We’ve raised a $4.5M from great investors including Afore.vc
, Founders Collective
), and FirstMile Ventures
We want everyone to have a good work-life balance - there will of course be (a lot of) times where we’re grinding, but we want to enjoy the journey, not only the destination. Remote work and flexibility will be key, and we will also bring together our team in Jackson Hole (or other cool locations) once a year.
Our culture is one that prioritizes creativity, honest and open communication, transparency, smart risk-taking, humility, and growth.