Rho AI was founded in 2012 by a small team of entrepreneurs, data scientists, and engineers. We set out to develop custom software for professional motorsports to predict an optimal race strategy, and since then, our real-time strategy recommendations have factored heavily into multiple victories on the NASCAR circuit.
Today, Rho AI’s data-driven products & services are used in a wide range of industries, with a growing focus on sustainable systems (e.g. waste, water, climate, energy). Each project we tackle is oriented around solving real world problems by leveraging a pragmatic mix of tried-and-true and research-led data science solutions.
Sound interesting? Please reach out if:
You are looking to:
- Develop computer vision and image processing algorithms for object detection and scene classification.
- Build reusable python-based libraries that layer our shared business logic on top of existing machine learning toolkits.
- Do a mix of exploratory research, proof of concept / MVP projects, and production-level algorithms, while always keeping the end-user in mind.
- Take on a lot of responsibility within a fast-paced, collaborative, and small team environment.
- (Must) Developed computer vision and/or image processing algorithms within a substantially sized project.
- (Must) An aptitude for building reusable python-based modules/libraries.
- (Must) A proficiency for communicating complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- (Should) Non-trivial experience with OpenCV and/or TensorFlow
- (Nice) Performed code optimization for real time processing, preferably using CUDA
- (Nice) Experience with continuous integration and release management tools, preferably within the AWS platform.
- (Nice) A rigorous technical background in Computer Science or related fields
You would like these perks:
- Work from anywhere in the US! Rho AI is a tight-knit, fully distributed team.
- Work with a highly engaged team, learn together, and make decisions that impact the whole company.
- Benefits, including health insurance and 401k.
You meet these criteria:
- You are seeking a full-time job.
- You reside in the United States.
- You are authorized / eligible to work for any company in the United States.
- You are within 3 time zones of Eastern Time, or willing to align your schedule.
- You do not live in a very high cost of living city (SF/NYC), or if so, are willing to adjust your compensation expectations.
Why Rho AI?
- The people - dependable, driven, and collaborative team.
- The problems - mix of products and services across diverse domains.
- The tech - modern tools to build pragmatic data-driven applications.
- The structure - 100% remote-only team & self-funded since 2012.
To get an interview, you must supply:
- A cover letter that explains why you are 1) specifically interested in Rho AI as a company and 2) a good fit for this particular position.
- A resume that includes: 1) your relevant professional experience, and 2) links to code samples, technical blog posts, and other examples of your work.