Direct Hire, Full Time Remote Work
Our small focused team creates software to help hospitals and universities manage clinical research data flows and document management. Our clients are some of the largest, most prestigious clinical research organisations in the UK and we help them organise the development of innovative treatments, devices & processes to solve medical problems for people across the world.
We’re offering long-term, full time, remote work on a large mature project and a handful of newer applications.
Responsibilities you will have:
- Direct contact with the domain experts to design and develop new features
- Write maintainable Ruby code
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle, design to deployment
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring)
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and architecture
Skills we expect from you:
- 5 or more years with Ruby on Rails
- An expert understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances, including the ability to work with classes that do not inherit from ActiveRecord
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with MySQL & SQL syntax
- Writing of Integration and Unit tests (RSpec)
- Proficiency with Git for code versioning
Familiarity with the following would be appreciated:
- ClojureScript (reagent, re-frame)
The approach we expect from you:
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and organization skills, attention to detail, highly developed critical thinking and pragmatic trouble-shooting.
- A confident command of English for everyday work is required.
Compensation for this role is highly competitive & appropriate to experience.