The GhostBed Engineering Team is looking for a talented Web Developer with a strong background in modern web development. This person will be on the ground floor of an innovative sleep company with a strong online presence in a growing industry. The ideal candidate has examples of their work and possesses an extreme attention to detail. A Web Developer at GhostBed plays a critical role in our ecommerce and creative marketing strategy that determines how our brand message is presented to our customers.
You must provide examples of your work for consideration.
- 3+ years professional, full-time experience as a web developer
- Have Shopify/Liquid development experience (you’ve developed Shopify themes from scratch)
- Have a deep appreciation for, and understanding of good web design. You don’t need to be a designer, but you should “get it”.
- Well-versed in RWD techniques and mobile performance
- Take pride in clean, readable code
- Possess a DRY approach without over-engineering
- Live in the United States
- Desire to learn (curiosity)
- Passion for all things web
- Willingness to do things the right way (especially last minute, when it’s hard)
- Easy and enjoyable to work with
- Have high-attention to detail
- Communicate well in writing
- Organized and work independently
- CSS (Tailwind CSS)
- Preprocessors (Less, Laravel Mix, PostCSS)
- Package Managers (NPM, Composer)
- VCS (Git, GitHub)
- Shopify (Liquid, Theme Kit)
- Mac (VS Code)
- Craft CMS
- DevOps (Linux)
- Our designers will provide design direction. You will work within our Engineering department and report to the Director of Engineering.
- Ability to work remotely or from our headquarters in Plantation, FL.
- We are craftsmen/women. This is a position where your attention to detail and desire to do things right will be encouraged and rewarded.
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Available
- Retirement Benefits
- Employee Discounts (Mattress & Sleep Schwag)