Virtual Pricing Director is hiring a Full-Stack Engineer to join our small engineering team implementing our new legal tech web application, working with TypeScript, React and Node.js.
We’re a well-funded startup (no VC money) building the future of legal pricing, for small and large law firms alike. Our workflow and data management software means an end to overcharging clients, arbitrary pricing, and other bad practices that have existed for years.
Our two directors are recognised world authorities in this domain, and bring a number of signed firms ready to use our software as we transition from our recent soft launch into full launch.
Our fully-remote team is small, and therefore you’ll have a lot of opportunity to make a noticeable impact, especially given the flat hierarchy. Our whole team is friendly, down-to-earth, and operates without ego. You can also help us shape and evolve our culture, methods and tooling.
The work is varied, challenging, and we place equal emphasis on front and back-end. Because of the need to deliver scheduled features, fix bugs, and respond to the needs of newly onboarded firms, we’re looking for someone adept with React, who is also comfortable with Node.js, TypeORM (or similar), GraphQL, Apollo Client & Server (or similar), and API creation.
We've implemented key parts of the first module and you'll join us in time to help define, design and build the next two roadmapped modules, and to grow from there. There are big plans and lots to accomplish!
- Exploring, innovating and creating IP
- Designing and implementing business logic, web applications, and front-ends
- New data visualisation and BI reporting
- Helping implement new API and data integration pipelines
- Automating quality, CI/CD, and shaping a DevOps approach
- Supporting dialogue with customers
- Helping establish our development culture, methods and tooling
- Upholding ISO27001
We're looking for
- Someone with strong full-stack engineering abilities
- Strong understanding of Computer Science principles
- Adept software design and coding skills, accrued in a modern full-stack context
- User empathy, good appreciation of accessibility and UX
- Technology agnostic and adept with TypeScript, React, Node.js, PostgreSQL and GraphQL
- A microservice-based approach, with strong SQL and web services design
- Ability to unpack complex requirements, to uphold security of sensitive data and to conform to best practices
- A collaborative, adaptable, user-centered approach
You may also bring - or like to gain - skills around
Domain Driven Design | Ant Design | TypeORM | TypeGraphQL | Apollo Client | Apollo Server | CircleCI | Heroku | Auth0 | AWS | TDD | Agile
Salary and benefits
- £80,000 - £100,000+ we're keeping an open mind
- Share scheme for formative team members (once proven value to the business)
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and a day for your birthday
- Family-friendly and flexible culture - tell us what you need
- Personal development plan that you can shape, with budget for related training/certifications
Location: fully remote, within the UK only
Please note, we are only considering candidates that hold an established right to work in the UK
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria to find out more: