Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a software developer/data engineer to join our team who will work remotely (preferably in the PT (UTC -8) time zone). This position will help with establishing data strategy in the company to optimize operations and improve efficiency across the company functions. We expect the individual to be responsible for automation and optimization of data ingestion from various LoRaWAN sensors, building data curation pipelines, and assisting with the development of our user interface application that will facilitate data management and reporting across the company.
What you will be working on
- Optimizing and maintaining datasets from cultivation and processing teams
- Assisting with development and deployment of ML models
- Developing data visualizations using Tableau or alternative software
- Improving data quality and data collection efficiency
- Developing new analytical tools for R&D and Operations teams
- Collaborating with research scientist on cross-functional projects
What we expect from you
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering or related degree
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Strong knowledge in Python web frameworks such as Django and Flask
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL) and data architecture (Data warehouse, data lakes)
- Knowledgeable on best practices of software development life cycle from coding standards, code review, testing, and operations
- Experience in scaling web applications with cloud based platforms (GCP, AWS)
- Strong background in automating tasks through scripting and other tools
- Knowledge of machine learning and common AI methodologies
- Be excited to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Be an excellent collaborator with strong communication and leadership skills
Why join Plantible Foods now?
Becoming a part of Plantible Foods means contributing to a sustainable future for all of us. We are a venture funded start-up that is trying to make sure that we not only spread happiness among our employees, but also to current and future generations. We believe diversity creates uniqueness. Our diverse international team of highly talented people have different interests and hobbies, and we support them all.
Reach out and apply directly!
If you’re interested, please reach out directly to Fedor, Director of Data Intelligence & Automation at Plantible Foods.
Please send an email including your resume to [email protected]