Accorin, a Wasserman Company is a full-service e-commerce agency that crafts captivating digital experiences for B2B and B2C clients of all shapes and sizes, from sophisticated start-ups to large enterprises. We specialize in e-commerce but have extensive CMS and Custom App development experience too. With a technical mastery of the most popular platforms on the market —like Adobe, Shopify, BigCommerce, Drupal, SFCC, and WordPress — and a command of all things creative, Accorin has the expertise to help clients build, grow, and transform their brands, and drive both online and e-commerce revenues.
We are growing quickly and looking for a Director of Engineering with a strong background in the e-commerce space and professional services to join our team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for leading a team of 30+ Technical Architects, Engineers, QA, and DevOps experts within Accorin.
At Accorin we pride ourselves on exceptional client service and the quality of our deliverables. The Director of Engineering will be instrumental in helping us grow while ensuring that we do not compromise on customer satisfaction or quality, which we monitor with a QBR process that is reflected in our high Net Promoter scores. We are searching for candidates that possess the following qualities: :
- Team leader
- Proactive and responsive
- An excellent communicator (both verbal and written)
- Technically expert
- Partner extensively with Accorin's Director of Project Management, as well as other company leaders to ensure successful collaboration and alignment of your team's work with the other delivery teams.
- Recruit, develop, and retain top engineering, QA and DevOps talent, empowering your team and supporting career development.
- Manage the definition and rollout / evolution of our engineering, QA and DevOps processes.
- Foster an atmosphere of accountability and continuous improvement
- Perform code reviews to ensure code quality
- Ensure that our client solutions follow high code standards across all layers of the technology stack.
- Diagnose and resolve process obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Lead the technical elements of our data privacy, security, and disaster recovery initiatives.
- Handle employee yearly reviews, compensation recommendations, & goal assignment.
- Develop and manage relationships, and maintain healthy collaboration with key external technology partners and 3rd party vendors.
- Oversee technical requirements gathering and technical specification activities to understand client vision, requirement gathering which help to design, develop and define the scope of project.
- Evaluate Discovery, Define & Design phase deliverables (i.e. Business Requirements Documents, Wireframes, Designs, etc.) for potential development issues and flag problems appropriately.
- Work with clients and project managers to design unique solutions to fit their needs
- Communicate the intricacies of complex web development issues, acting as a subject matter expert both internally across departments and externally with clients
- Providing direct engineering leadership on key accounts.
- Sign off on all sales estimates. Assist Accounts team in sales process as needed.
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience with 3+ years managing multiple technical delivery teams.
- Have previously worked on one or more of the following platforms:
- Certifications on the aforementioned technologies would be a "plus" for applying candidates
- History of managing the technical elements of e-commerce projects with a record of success.
- Understanding of e-commerce related fields and processes including
- Experience working with and managing distributed development teams including a combination of domestic and overseas team
This can be a remote role within the US or located at one of our offices. Accorin's headquarters office is located in Boston but its team is distributed around the world. We do not want the physical location to be a barrier between the right candidate and the Accorin distributed work culture.
Accorin, A Wasserman Company, does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.