Business Software Engineer - Remote (EMEA)
Hi! We're amazee.io
, a ZeroOps application delivery hub for engineering teams to deploy applications more easily. Our developer-centric, open source platform makes developers' lives and jobs easier, minimizing the stress of managing infrastructure or operations. amazee.io supports organizations across the globe to accelerate their cloud and container adoption, along with providing easily managed Kubernetes for developer teams. We run anywhere in the world, with 24/7/365 dedicated support.
We're looking for a Business Software Engineer to join our fully remote, globally distributed team. As a Business Software Engineer with amazee.io, the work you do will be key to our scalability as we grow, and will create efficiencies to further support the work, productivity, and collaboration, of our internal teams. You'll be developing custom tools and building integrations and automations to streamline and restructure how we work as a company, and communicate to our clients. You'll also be strategizing and working directly on designing future technical solutions collaboratively with our various work streams and our Business Intelligence Engineer.
If you feel like this could be the role for you, then come and join a team of open source enthusiasts, committed to providing flexible web solutions in an open and transparent work environment, and having fun doing it.
This is a remote position, however we do require you to be based in an EMEA Timezone for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing, improving, and analyzing internal and external tools to improve work processes, efficiencies, integrations, and automations.
- Collaborating with the Business Intelligence Engineer, and wider teams, to understand user needs, workflows, and potential technical solutions to inefficiencies or issues which technology could better solve.
- Developing and integrating API’s to provide creative solutions to a complex environment
- Designing, and implementing software architecture and data modeling solutions
What you’ll bring:
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL APIs, to collect, manipulate, and process data to solve complex problems
- Knowledge of data modeling and architectural best practices
- Experience with automated testing and test-driven development, (CI/CD)
- Experience with Git and version control
- Comfort communicating design and technical topics in English, both verbal and written
- A problem seeking and solving mindset
amazee.io is dedicated to providing a work environment of trust, transparency, and inclusion for everyone. As a fully remote company we offer flexibility when it comes to working hours and location. Here’s some other things you can expect from us.
What we’ll bring:
- A fully distributed team of creative colleagues in a flat, open and transparent organization - Meet the team, read our handbook, or check out what our team have to say about working at amazee.io on Comparably!
- Flexible working hours, and time off in lieu when you work over hours
- Fully Remote working
- 5 paid days off a year for conference attendance or education related commitments
- An annual education benefit of $1,500 or equivalent to dedicate to your professional development
- An annual wellbeing benefit of $500 or equivalent to dedicate to your physical or mental health
- A monthly connectivity benefit of $100 for you to expense internet costs as a remote worker
- Your own annual tech budget, with full initial setup provided
- Sweet, sweet Swag - Hoodies and other goodies
- amazee.io Quest! - After 3 years, you’ll get 3 weeks paid off work to undertake a profound personal goal, or undertake a bucket list type challenge
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV and a cover letter, showcasing who you are, your experience, and anything else you think we should know!
The amazee.io Team.