The responsibilities of a Technical Interviewer
As a Technical Interviewer, you will be responsible for performing the technical vetting of our incoming developers, striving to find the best individuals in regards to both their technical and non-technical skills. Our developers are meant to be great contributors to the partner projects they join whilst being versatile when it comes to their technical knowledge and ability, as well as an excellent addition to our growing community. Your assessments will have a high impact on the future of X-Team.
- You are fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- You have 3 years of software development experience and have engineered meaningful production software in past positions.
- You’re excited about the prospect of meeting new engineers daily and objectively delving into their technical background whilst assessing their current proficiency on their tech of choice.
- You always strive to keep learning and being up-to-date with the latest tech developments.
- You have a clear understanding of software development terminology across different stacks.
- You’re an empathic person by nature.
- You’re excited about working in an ever-expanding, cross-disciplinary, diverse team of people with varied backgrounds and responsibilities.
- You're willing to work ideally 4 hours of overlap with 9AM-5PM in UTC-5.
- If you’ve been in a position where you’ve had to hire developers for a team in the past, that’s a bonus.
- If you have previous startup experience, that’s a bonus.
- If you have previous experience in career coaching and/or talent acquisition, that’s a bonus.
- If you consider yourself a generalist, that’s a bonus.
- If you have prior experience with working 100% remotely and across time zones, that’s a bonus.
- The work is contract-based, 40 hours/week for a year with an automatic annual extension if everything goes well.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to provide visa sponsorship.
X-Team is an international company founded in Melbourne, Australia, that helps companies scale their development teams by providing them with extraordinary teams of developers from around the world.
We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age and aid them in being able to do so properly with the right people. We work with big brands like Riot Games, Fox Broadcasting, Kaplan Inc., Coinbase, Google, Twitter and more…
We are 100% remote and believe in building a world where all our teammates can have access to an environment of growth and incredible opportunities, regardless of where they live.
We are also a community of people dedicated to unleashing our potential. We’ve fostered a unique, active lifestyle and culture around this idea that continues to attract thousands to apply each and every day.
We proactively support our teams, fund their learning and growth, connect them in roaming hacker houses around the world, and give them a remote environment that motivates and inspires them on a daily basis.
One of our main goals is to have people tell us, “I thought X-Team sounded too good to be true. Then I joined, and it turns out it’s even better than that!”
It’s a sentence we get to hear all the time.
Perks all X-Teamers enjoy
- Work from anywhere as part of a community of digital nomads and remote workers.
- Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses (X-Outposts) around the world.
- Be part of the most energizing community for developers in the world by participating in our Seasons, an experience unlike any other, filled with challenges, rewards, RPGs, competitions, an exclusive collectibles line and more.
- Get $2,500 per year (Unleash+) to spend on doing more of what you love and staying energized. Use it on conferences, courses, video games, photography gear, music gear, cooking gear, a gym membership, adventure sports, baby/pet sitting, productivity apps, restaurants, coworking, movie tickets, headphones... The list goes on.
- And most importantly, be part of a community that genuinely cares about you with several people dedicated to ensuring that you stay happy, healthy, and sane.