Hi! I’m the leader of MyWorkDoc
, a growing B2B SaaS startup helping companies better manage workplace Safety and prevent workplace injuries. We provide value to our customers through a HIPAA-compliant platform paired with Occupational Health Providers skilled in treating work-related injuries. We’re a well-funded company that is financially backed by a successful investor, and we are generating revenue and we are rapidly growing. We are looking to make our next strategic hire to support and further accelerate our growth.
We have been busy building the first iteration of our product and have thousands of users on the platform and are delivering value to our customers every day. Our customers love our software and the services that are provided by our Occupational Health Providers.
This is a full-time, remote, position that has up to 25% travel required. This might be to attend in-person team gatherings, client-facing meetings, or conferences.
Our current development team is small but mighty and we have a fully built-out dev. process. In the next 6 months, we’ll be deep diving into building version 5 of our software and doing a complete rebuild. This role will be fundamental and lead that process.
Why YOU Should Apply
This is a unique opportunity to work with a software startup company that is still at a relatively early stage but is well-funded and less risky. We are generating revenue, have customer demand, and have exciting plans to further accelerate our growth.
You will be working directly with our Director of Product Management, as well as with me, and our development team. You will be able to influence the product roadmap through direct feedback from our customers and see the results of those changes quickly. You will make daily impacts in your role that are seen by our team and our customers. You will use your knowledge in working with our customers to make our product better and improve the experience for our customers. You will learn what it takes to build a software product that actually makes a huge difference for the businesses we serve, and that people love to use every single day.
As our Lead Architect, you need to be intimately familiar with building single-page applications, widgets, and the corresponding backends to satisfy functional and technical business requirements. You will be required to see out a project from conception to the final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail. You will be a player-coach who leads the team but contributes to code and solutions. You should be comfortable being client-facing, fielding questions, and understanding the importance of security (HIPAA).
Key technologies: extensive AWS experience, experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Node.js, Angular, React, React-Native (Mobile), Postgres, Redis, and any No-SQL database.
***Please apply via the application link, all direct LinkedIn messages will be disregarded.
What you will do
- 40-50% coding, 30% architectural, 20% management
- Analyze, design, develop, code, and implement Big Data Applications.Builds and supports applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Assesses the health and performance of software applications and databases.
- Defines specifications and develops programs, modifies existing programs, prepares test data, and prepares functional specifications.
- Analyzes program and application performance using various programming languages, tools, and techniques.
- Identifies potential process improvement areas and suggests options and recommends approaches.
- Lead the team, make technical decisions, and build out a team with the idea of growing into our CTO role
- Interact with clients on high-level technical needs and troubleshooting- fielding their questions and creating solutions.
- Collaborate with analytics, data scientists, and product teams to assist in building and optimizing innovative products and services to market
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Travel up to 25% for client-facing technical meetings- you’ll be the technical face of our company. Able to have high-level technical conversations.
What you know
- 7+ years of experience in a Full Stack Software Engineer role and an in-depth understanding of implementing systems end-to-end.
- Sound knowledge of Node.js and experience with AWS.
- Experience developing RESTful web services, and integrating with RESTful or other web services.
- Database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions –NoSQL/RDBMS.
- Proficiency with Git
- Experience implementing testing platforms/frameworks and unit tests leveraging cypress, jest, etc.
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile processes
- Thorough understanding of user experience and design
- Experience working with Jenkins for CI/CD automation
- Deep problem-solving skills to perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding and production experience working with container environments
Nice to haves
- Experience with NestJS
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- Experience with HIPAA compliance (HIPAA certification preferred)
- Experience as a Team Lead/Pod Lead is strongly preferred!