Onko Health is hiring a remote front-end engineer for our cancer support application, working with Angular and other languages.
We’re a healthtech scaleup company. Our cancer health journey mobile apps blend remote support and coaching from expert oncology practitioners with self-help approaches, backed by a data handling platform.
We serve a number of UK healthcare providers and NHS trusts, delivering improved outcomes for patient health and care giving. We're bringing development in-house, growing a new engineering team to deliver upon our ambitious international growth plans.
Collaborating with our domain experts, product owner, UX and engineering colleagues, you'll help build the UI that manages how clinical and care-giving staff manage patients' whole health journey. This brings the patient closer to the care provision, and leverages the latest in health research, digital and web tech, consumer wearables etc.
We place emphasis on a really usable UI and tight integration with our native apps and Node.js back-end.
Your role includes
- Implementing our newly re-designed front-end and user experience
- Building consoles that bring the patient and cancer care experts closer together
- Displaying a variety of health and care data, including from consumer wearables
- Working with data security, maintainability and scalability in mind, influenced by clean code principles
- Keeping up to date with trends in front-end engineering, Angular and healthtech
- Helping evolve our development culture, methods, automation and tooling
We're looking for
- Someone with a good knowledge of the TypeScript ecosystem, especially Angular
- Familiarity with RxJs, Bootstrap, Karma/Jasmine and Protractor
- Strong foundations in web technologies like HTML, CSS, JSON, REST
- An emphasis on attention to detail, code quality, TDD, and with solid experience with refactoring
- Ability to work in a progressive Agile environment
- Knows how to manage technical debt, identify design issues and prioritise them
- Experience with AWS, Auth0, Firebase is a bonus
You may also bring - or optionally like to gain - skills or interests around any of
Front-end architecture | helping evolve pipelines for testing and deployment, working with a DevOps colleague | Swift or Kotlin | integration with wearables and third party applications
Salary and benefits
- £70,000 - £85,000 - reviewed at six months - we're keeping an open mind
- Share scheme for formative team members (once proven value to the business)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and five days unpaid leave
- Flexible working practices - tell us what you need - e.g. optional four day week
- Personal development plan that you can shape, with budget for related training/certifications